What Have I Killed Following A 6800gt Overclock?

Great Gig, congratulations! I had my money on PSU. I had almost the same thing with a 6800 (could have been any card). Chased the problem for days. Ordered an OCZ 520 GameExtreme and things got worse. Was sure I killed everything, it couldn't be a bad new PSU. The new OCZ 520 was bad. The darn thing gave enough power to light things up but not run anything. Many forumers worshiped at the OCZ 520 alter in those days. A bad one ... unthinkable. You haven't lived until you do the unplug and wait 24 hours for PSU reset ritual. Lazarus just would not get up. Talk about confusing. Good news was OCZ support was flawless.

This is not my only PSU adventure. Now, if the toilet does not flush ... I suspect a bad PSU. :lol:

Edited by Syngensmyth

Great Gig, congratulations! I had my money on PSU.

Yep, you were bang on and thanks for the help and encouragement.

It's been a week now and it's still rock solid, whatever I ask of it. I put the other 6800GT in as well and stressed the hell out of it, but it's still stable. Tough little cards those it seems?

Now that I have cracked the problem and totally fixed it, I'm going to retire the system and start the first of 2 new builds. Ordering the parts today :D

GG