Sign in to follow this  
TheSaw

Mx518

So i read some reviews / opinions about a few gaming mice, and i decided to go with the Logitech mx518, not because of it's performance, but because of it's shape, i thought that it would be better then some tiny razer mouse for my big hands. The reason im posting here now is beacause i read a few user comments, which state the opposite of my theory, that the mx518 is better for little-handed users, or your fingers won't fit on the mouse. Since it all comes down to confort and to the way u hold the mouse, i don't really want to buy it and find out i am not confy with it. So please, if you have the same mouse, or you used it somewhere, tell me your opinions.

PS. I can't test it at store, and my fingers are long, not fat :P

I've had both Logitech and Razer mice and they're both very nice. I do agree that it really depends on how one holds the mouse. I personally liked the larger size of the Logitech mouse as I could rest the base of my hand on it, whereas with the Razer mouse my hand doesn't really get to rest on anything. They're both really good at gaming and general use, so it really comes down to how lazy you are. If you want to rest your hand somewhere, get the Logitech. If you prefer to use your fingers when moving a mouse, get the Razer.

So i read some reviews / opinions about a few gaming mice, and i decided to go with the Logitech mx518, not because of it's performance, but because of it's shape, i thought that it would be better then some tiny razer mouse for my big hands. The reason im posting here now is beacause i read a few user comments, which state the opposite of my theory, that the mx518 is better for little-handed users, or your fingers won't fit on the mouse. Since it all comes down to confort and to the way u hold the mouse, i don't really want to buy it and find out i am not confy with it. So please, if you have the same mouse, or you used it somewhere, tell me your opinions.

PS. I can't test it at store, and my fingers are long, not fat :P

I have big hands and long fingers and the 518's "big brother" the G5.

Amazing mouse and I love the shape...but like you said it depends on how you hold the mouse. I keep only my pointer and middle fingers on the keys, and the ring and pinky on the sides, and it is the mouse comfortable(and best performing!) mouse I have ever used. The adjustable weight cartridge is a nice bonus to really tailor it to your comfort. In comparison the razor's feel much too small for me.

My second favorite is the mx518, which is almost exactly the same physically but without the textured surface.

510s can be had at great bargains as well.

Same exact shape as the 518 without DPi buttons above and below the scroll wheel, I actuallt liked the 510 better because of that...

I have had the 518 for about a year now, and I love it. Great mouse.

But my opinion doesn't count because I have short fat fingers!!LOL!!

Well thx for replying, as i said, im only interested in the way of holding it. Im used to claw holding, but since mx518 is designed for palm, i don't know if it will fit in my hands... :)

I have that mouse plus many of the razer product and the only mouse i actually found comfortable was the microsoft sidewinder even though it's ugliest damn thing you can find. One thing I'm happy about it has the razer engine which I was glad about.

But one thing I can tell besides the feel of it the MX518 is a damn fine mouse and a brilliant setup as I find to set the mouse logitech bring out the best.

I have the MX518 and loving it. I really do not feel the need to get any other kind. The thumb will fit in the groove no matter what size and the other buttons are space just right. I was going to get another mouse to use when I work on other people computers, and not steal one off my wife's computer. I was happy as could be when I bought laptop, and it came with MX518. I bought it because I could speed up the pointer, but I always left it on the middle setting.

I have long skeletor fingers, big hands, and I can "claw" or "palm" my MX518... It's hard to recommend which shape you will like... it's like trying to recommend a pair of jeans to someone else... some won't fit right and feel weird...

I absolutely love my 518. I would recommend it without hesitation to anyone. I tend to "palm" it and it fits my fairly large hands just fine.

To be perfectly honest, if I were getting a new mouse right now, I would rather have a Razor Banshee, but only because it is way more sensitive than the 518 -something which I really like. However, the price of the 518 just can't be beat, so go with that.

I have long skeletor fingers, big hands, and I can "claw" or "palm" my MX518... It's hard to recommend which shape you will like... it's like trying to recommend a pair of jeans to someone else... some won't fit right and feel weird...

Yeah same fingers here :D Well it's not really about the shape, cuz i saw it, and i can imagine the feel, but i was worried that my long fingers would make it uncomfortable to hold. Anyways, thx for the replies, i will order this mouse :)