Help Needed With A 6800 Gt Problem?

Yep, if you refer back to my previous wise and highly valuable insight :rolleyes: , I suspect PSU. The first crash may have taken out the OS as well.

I use the poor man's PSU test ... try another PSU. Of course at the price of some PSU's it could be the rich man's test.

I've never used a multimeter (for PSU that is) ... sounds scary :unsure:

Would something like this work?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2103174

Edited by Syngensmyth

Many thanks for that HITandRUN, I am starting to think that myself too. I am about to build a complete new rig, which is kinda why I had a go at this one. I'm going to get a Corsair HX620, so will buy that first and try it out. I do have a multimeter, but didn't consider that! So again many thanks - I reckon the overclock and the new fans running full tilt was a bit too much and may have tipped the PSU over.

I'll let you guys know how I get on and thanks again to all for your help, especially as I'm a new member. If you were round the corner I would buy you a beer! ;)

GG

PS. I'm going to use a new post for this now, which is a little better laid out.

New Post re this overclock

I'm in for that beer! :rolleyes:

Yep, if you refer back to my previous wise and highly valuable insight :rolleyes: , I suspect PSU. The first crash may have taken out the OS as well.

I use the poor man's PSU test ... try another PSU. Of course at the price of some PSU's it could be the rich man's test.

I've never used a multimeter (for PSU that is) ... sounds scary :unsure:

Would something like this work?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2103174

Any multimeter would work! I mean I got a nice $400 Fluke which is by far better than some radio shack noob tool but to do a PSU test a $10 meter should be enough.

Well here's a lesson.............

I'm always preaching to people to read instructions and labels on boxes etc?

I just read the box of my Graphics Card - an Aeolus 6800GT

Aeolus 6800 system requires:

1. A minimum 480W system power supply
  2. An AGP compliant motherboard.
  3. Two hard disk drive power dongles off a separate power supply cable bundle.

So what did I have? A 460W power supply, 2 HDD on the same power cable and I was trying to aggressively overclock it! What a pillock...... :withstupid:

Having said that, I learnt a lot and got a lot of help - cheers.

GG

Edited by Great Gig