CrackHead

Video Card Suggestions

Sweetness that answers that....Finally last question of all; In your opinion which card would you prefer?

XFX PVT88GYDD4 GeForce 8800GTS (G92)

OR

EVGA 512-P3-N845-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) KO

(It's a toss up for me as I've owned an XFX but on the other hand have heard nothing but good things about EVGA)

Thank you everyone for your help as I sure as hell wouldn't have made it this far without your guidance. Its hard to describe the amount of relief you feel when you invest your money into something your knowledgeable instead of having to go in blind, ultimately leading you to regret your purchase down the road!

The only difference between the two is price and with the XFX being cheaper, your best bet is to go with that one and overclock it, if you intend to overclock that is. Now that I remember EVGA has a fantastic Step-Up program where, if you should choose to, you can exchange your card for that of one with higher performance. I don't remember how much time you have to do it, but it's definitely worth considering the few extra dollars.

I just remembered, it's 90 days, so if you actually intend to exchange your GTS within three months, go with the EVGA, if not go with the XFX.

Sweetness that answers that....Finally last question of all; In your opinion which card would you prefer?

XFX PVT88GYDD4 GeForce 8800GTS (G92)

OR

EVGA 512-P3-N845-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) KO

(It's a toss up for me as I've owned an XFX but on the other hand have heard nothing but good things about EVGA)

Thank you everyone for your help as I sure as hell wouldn't have made it this far without your guidance. Its hard to describe the amount of relief you feel when you invest your money into something your knowledgeable instead of having to go in blind, ultimately leading you to regret your purchase down the road!

I would suggest you get the EVGA 512-3-N845-AR Geforece 8800GTS because to my opinionn it is easier to customize and overclock in case you need better performance. :D

meh..its showing 199.99 to me, but still not sure why you'd want to spend 65 more than you need to. unless you dont plan on overclocking yourself, they will all overclock to about the same anyway. get the cheap one (135)

Edited by Fight Game