Dell Inspiron 1526 Laptop Issue

This laptop was working just fine. Im trying to power it on, and most of the time it wont, but if I mess with the battery a bit, it will turn on, the lock LED with a 9 in it is lit, and the LEDs with an "A" and an arrow pointing down are blinking, and the screen isnt turning on. Help? >___________<

I'm not really following you here (I've got a 1520), but have you reset the cmos?

Remove battery and power cable, hold down power button for 30 seconds. Plug cord back in. See if it boots.

I'm not really following you here (I've got a 1520), but have you reset the cmos?

Remove battery and power cable, hold down power button for 30 seconds. Plug cord back in. See if it boots.

Same thing u_______U

flashing lights, no screen.

So I'm guessing the "9", "A", and "down arrow" are your num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock lights? Are they just constantly blinking with nothing happening? If they blink with the battery out and the cable plugged in, there may be a deeper issue there. If no one else seems to be able to help I'd recommend taking advantage of that lovely Dell in-home warranty

So I'm guessing the "9", "A", and "down arrow" are your num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock lights? Are they just constantly blinking with nothing happening? If they blink with the battery out and the cable plugged in, there may be a deeper issue there. If no one else seems to be able to help I'd recommend taking advantage of that lovely Dell in-home warranty

I need it for tomorrow >____________<

Boot type 1: press power button. Nothing happens.

Boot type 2: Press power button. Power light turns on. Fans turn on. Screen does not light. Fans turn off after about 4 seconds followed by no activity whatsoever. Power light remain on.

Boot type 3: Press power button. Fans turn on. Screen does not light. Cap lock LED "9" is lit. LEDs "A' and arrow pointing down flash. Fans remain on, no other activity.

Laptops are annoying like that. If it were me I'd try with the manageable stuff like reseating the RAM. Though since you can't get a POST and fans are spinning up, it may be a board issue. Have you noticed it running hotter than normal lately? Make sure when the fans spin up you can feel air coming out of the CPU vent.

• 2 years later...