Hdr Image

So I got these three pictures of a sunrise that I took today, and I am interested in making an HDR Image from them.....The problem starts there. I have no idea how, I have only read about it.

I also don't have photoshop. the best I have is probably microsoft photo editor.....so it probably won't work out....

I don't even know if the 3 photos that I have will work together....Here is what I have.

post-32362-1211516693_thumb.jpg

post-32362-1211517417_thumb.jpg

post-32362-1211517530_thumb.jpg

Gimme a minute and let me see if I can get it working. :)

EDIT: Of course I forgot I didn't have Photoshop installed, gimme a little more than a minute. :P

this is how i do it in CS3:

File > Automate > Merge to HDR

Select each picture, Click OK

Adjust Slider on the right till you get something you like

Click OK.

That's about it...

Well thank you...

What do you mean by saying my camera doesn't have the range to do it?

do you mean the exposure times are far enough apart? I am really new to all of this and need some guidance...new to the HDR thing as well as photography in general. I got this camera last summer and just now started taking lots of pictures with it and messing with the settings.....it is a Lumix DMC-TZ3 from Panasonic if that means anything to you all..

Any pointers or links to good beginner's guides would be great if you have any....

Thanks again Wacokid it looks good.

What do you mean by saying my camera doesn't have the range to do it?

With just three pictures not many cameras have the ability to pick up the color range required. If you spread it out more (and went to more extremes) with 5 images it'd be much easier to stick them together into a good looking HDR image. Getting a tripod would help too. :P

Thanks...unfortunately I don't think I would be able to get 5 different exposure settings on my camera...It isn't a manual setting. I have to do the auto focus on certain parts of the picture to get different exposure settings...

Thanks for the help anyways. I appreciate it.

What adjustments does your camera allow you to make in manual mode?

Changing focal points isn't very helpful if you are going to combine the images.