Muddy

Windows Vista Question

Ok so I just bought a new computer, that is coming tomorrow. I want there to be windows vista on it.

I currently have a laptop, which came with vista ultimate, but I formated and installed xp, so vista is no longer on my laptop.

Can I download vista from torrent and use the vista key from my laptop to use vista on my new computer?

Is that legal?

Edited by Muddy

Chances are no, not legally. What is bundled with PC's are usually OEM copys so they live and die with the machine they are coupled with.

Its not legal and it wouldn't work.

Once a key has been activated on a computer it can no longer be used to activate another copy of vista installed on another computer.

Unless its a retail version of vista which I think allows you to install vista on up to 2 computers. Or some special corporate volume licensing key which would let you install vista as many times as the key permits.

Once a key has been activated on a computer it can no longer be used to activate another copy of vista installed on another computer.

Unless its a retail version of vista which I think allows you to install vista on up to 2 computers. Or some special corporate volume licensing key which would let you install vista as many times as the key permits.

Once an oem copy of vista is activated it can not be transfered to another computer. Now if a retail copy of vista is on computer A and you build a new computer B you can unistall vista from computer A and put it on the new computer B. You can not have the same license on 2 different computers at the same time.