well there is a way to do this with linksys wireless routers. It's called site survey or Wireless survey. And this can actually be useful if you are setting up your wireless in an area with a lot of wireless so that you can choose a channel away from the ones the others are using.

He stated in his first post that he has a Dlink WBR-1310 router

Edited by shatteredsteel

yes I understand that I was just saying that linksys has the ability to do that. I don't have a D-Link so I'm not sure about them but it is possible

Nope. I don't see anything in the router settings that resembles "wireless survey". Ya, I guess this D-Link can't do it. Thanks for the info everyone. If ANYONE has anything thing else please share.

You could get a cheapy usb wireless adapter and use net stumbler to get a list of access points that are close to you...

Just a thought.

:withstupid: I agree! That would probably be the way I would go.

its made by Addon

This one

the "WBR" in the model name makes me think that Addon is a sister company to D-Link...

Yeah, that is a weird coincidence. That's a switch though. Maybe switches can detect wireless connections. What do you man "or Safecom" that one is a router, the other is a switch.

Edit: Huh.... never mind I said those things :P "wireless router with 4 port switch" Is this different than the WBR-1310 that I am using?

Edited by LightningJR