Sign in to follow this  
cirro

Moving Woe's

I HATE MOVING!

i can't stand it. only moved twice in 25 years, and the other one was a year ago.

so i hAve two roomates moving out on me, i have a new apartment with my girlfriend but thats not the problem

i have WAY WAY too much crap to move on my own..

now i know alot of you are probally thinking "wah he has to move stuff"

but thats not the issue.. i have had a traumatic spinal injury 4 yrs ago. still seeing a neurosurgeon with rehab.

( i had to learn to walk again yatta ) and he will not give me the OKAY to move my stuff

alot of it really isnt a problem, except just a few boxes of computer parts (overall weight and girth of those bins)

and the one monster.

and oldschool sony wega , 40" TUBE television.

its a monster, im not a small guy and i hurt myself last time i moved (and paid for that one ugh)

andi did that with my father who by no means is a small man (6'5 300+lbs) and it was HELL!

i do not want to depart from that tv though, id like a LCD but im not stupid about electronics resale, i wouldnt end up

with half of what i'd need for a similar sized decent lcd/plasma/whatever..

doesnt help i already live on the 2nd floor, but the next apartment is on the 3rd floor with even worse (tighter) staircase..

anyone ever use like a full sized dolly for something similiar? ? or is the weight of that behemouth just going to pull me down the stairs...

there isnt a scratch on it.. i will try to keep it that way

i almost want a moving company to do it for me but i might as well buy a new tv its ridiculous how much they want around here..

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I have moved seven times in a five year period. I also later in life had to move a houseful and pool barn of stuff, after selling it, in less than a week. You can become an expert after a while, but still not like.

how about checking the local pages for a handyman or general helper or even a guy with a van?

I've lived in about 6 different houses in my life, some weren't for long, last one was 4 years, this one 5, moving again soon.

no family in this state, single child.

found 1 person to help so far so if i get another it should be good.

good idea on the handyman. lots of ad's for that and that never crossed my mind before