Guest KrankyOldLady

Vista

Guest KrankyOldLady

With the system in my sig, i am thinking it might be time to switch over to Vista...

Right now i have XP 32 bit (sp2) and an oc off 3.0 Ghz, with my ram running at 800.

I am pretty much convinced it is a stable oc, since i never encouter any problems besides playing WOW.

There i have a problem since 2.4 when i have the ati controll panel installed, wich sucks btw, or when FAh is active. The moment i shut down Fah completly the problems go.

So im thinking it that regard its a setting somewhere.

Now my question would be, if i need to go Vista, wich one?

Home Premium x64.

I'd sort out your OC before you go to Vista though, it's much better at revealing unstable OCs than XP is.

Guest KrankyOldLady

I made two topics?

Gawd, im sorry didnt mean too obviously

Home Premium x64.

I'd sort out your OC before you go to Vista though, it's much better at revealing unstable OCs than XP is.

:withstupid:

I've used HPx64 for a while now. Before SP1, I'd have the occasional memory error, but since SP1 I've had zero problems.

As for your OC, the instability will probably be an issue. [email protected] = 100% CPU usage, so if you're having problems with [email protected] running, then your OC isn't as stable as you first thought, and Vista probably won't like it.

I would not reccommend Vista Ultimate 64, as it is too slow and unstable even with SP1 compared to XP and I can't speak of any other Vista versions.. That's just my experience with VU64. It's not good enough for me.

Regards

I dual boot XP32 and Vista Home Premium 64. SP1 made some pretty substantial changes and my new system makes the resource hoggy-ness more tolerable. I use Vista for day-to-day stuff without many complaints but there are still certain things that it can't do. I still have to boot to XP32 for my VB6 programming, for example. I've found that benchmarking games between the two is a lot closer after SP1.

Hi Kranky.

I'm running Vista Ultimate (64bit) on my AX78 and it's faster than any of my 4 XP Pro rigs.

I'm currently ocing my 5000 black at 14x 229.

CPU-Z.jpg

3DMark06-3.2GHz.jpg

Since I was anti Vista since it came out I'm somewhat shocked. :blink:

Bill

I would not reccommend Vista Ultimate 64, as it is too slow and unstable even with SP1 compared to XP and I can't speak of any other Vista versions.. That's just my experience with VU64. It's not good enough for me.

Regards

That was well over a year ago. Vista x64 is definitely more stable and more secure than XP (especially XP x64!). The speed difference is next to nil on most programs and Vista is faster in a good number of them by a decent margin as well.

I would go with vista home premium x64 seeing that you have 4gigs of ram. Vista ultimate and home premium will run the same, but if you have no need for a domian,bitlocker, and vista backup just go with home premium and save some money.