jelly

Vista 32bit And 64bit Dual Boot?

So, if I am following this correctly, you had no problem activating a different version with the same serial.

But it's not strictly legal or M$ doesn't care?

I think Jelly's main concern is that he wants to stay legal on this.

I just got my free Vista as part of the feedback program and it included separate discs for 32 and 54 and a different serial for each one.

And Vista 64 bit (hale, for that matter, the 32 bit version) have coma a lonnnnggg way from the lack of driver nightmare days.

I was shocked at how easy 64 loaded on the Maximus Extreme rig.

Still think XP SP3 is the kaschizzle personally.

Although I do admit to loving the DreamScene and some of Vista's other treats..

haven't loaded NV graphic drivers yet, but so far easy as pie for drivers.

Jelly, booting from separate HDDs doesn't take any longer than booting from different partitions.

Either way I think VistaBootPro is a necessity.

Yeah I just loaded vista 64bit on my buddys new rig and it installed no problems. He is running the same computer as me, just a differnt cpu "q6600" and video card "9800gtx". You are right about saying I want to staying legal. I did have to give microsoft my key to order the 64bit media, Im getting a full retail package from what I am understading. But you now have me thinking that I may get a differnt key with it it. The media will be here in soon so when I do get it I will take some pics so you guys can see what you get for that $10.

Yeah I just loaded vista 64bit on my buddys new rig and it installed no problems. He is running the same computer as me, just a differnt cpu "q6600" and video card "9800gtx". You are right about saying I want to staying legal. I did have to give microsoft my key to order the 64bit media, Im getting a full retail package from what I am understading. But you now have me thinking that I may get a differnt key with it it. The media will be here in soon so when I do get it I will take some pics so you guys can see what you get for that $10.

The same key applies to both versions. :)

You'll literally get just a DVD in the mail.

yea it's the same key for 32 and 64 bit...What you need a new key for is if you wanted to go from Home premium to Ultimate. other than that it doesn't matter. But yea 64e-bit work perfectly, that is to say, I haven't run into any issues with it. Although I might do a re-install in a month or two, but that is only because I am thinking of going raid-0 with my 2 500gb or picking up 2 320gb drives and doing it...not sure yet