Air Vs Water.... -> Doesn't Matter Has To Get Down

my 8800gt running around 77-78 through cod4... 55-58 idle... come on this is way to damn hot!!

Help me get this down,

I've allready reapplied OCZ no help at alll.... it's just wayyyy too hot...

I don't care to go water right now becuase of cost, any ideas...

Those temps arent anything to worry about. GPUs can take a lot more heat than CPUs. Turn the fan speed up in rivatuner if you just dont like seeing numbers that high.

Edited by SMeeD

Is that with the fan speed being automatically adjusted via the driver? Or are you manually setting it via a program like rivatuner?

With auto fan speed, my 1900xt got to about those temps (mid 80c on load) because it took way too long for the fan to ramp up. By manually setting the fan speed to 60%, it kept the temps from exceeding 75c on load. As a comparison, the card is now under water and doesnt go over 45c :)

If all else fails and you are going to stick with air, a HR-03GT may be something to look at. I hear really good things about them (as with most\all thermalright HS's)

Yep, those GPU temps aren't any cause for concern. By manually setting the fan at a higher speed or placing a case fan to direct air across the card you can likely bring the temps down a bit.

ohkay, the fan is set to automatic currently, and I thought these were high so I guess not.

now to find out what the deal is with these bsods and lockups that wern't there previous to installing

Edited by pvtgump

Sweeeeettt, I guess I'll have to do a reform and try and get my drivers back in stack.

could be bad mem, Anyone have any idea on some hardware testing stuffs that I am not aware of.

Yup. nVidia GPUs don't even start throttling till 110 C. :P