Sign in to follow this  
slugbug

Ubuntu 8.04 Lts X64 Kvm Switch Problem

I use a single mouse. keyboard, and monitor connected to 3 PCs with a Belkin SOHO KVM switch.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem running Ubunta 8.04 x64 while connected to a KVM switch. When I start up Ubuntu my Logitech MX510 mouse scroll wheel works correctly, but if I switch to another PC with my Belkin SOHO KVM switch, the scroll wheel no longer functions in Linux afterwards when I switch back. The problem is neither with my mouse or KVM though because both work perfectly on my Windows machines after switching back and forth. Only the Linux box experiences the mouse scroll wheel loss.

Some suggested disconnecting and reconnecting the PS/2 mouse cord on the Linux box and see if it reset itself, but it does nothing. The only way to get the scroll wheel to function again is to reboot. Of course switching to another PC causes the problem to start all over again. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by slugbug

take a look at your xorg.conf file with the logitech plugged directly in and then through the kvm. There should be a section that talks about the mouse see if there are any differences.

(xorg.conf is usually in /etc/X11/xorg.conf)

If you don't really get how to read the conf file (I wouldn't blame you the xorg file sucks) post it here or PM me and I'll take a look at if for you. This sounds similar to a problem I had with a gyromouse.