CanadaGUY

Not Summiting Wu?

Just got the SMP client up and running, and at the end of the first work unit it finished, it just won't connect to the [email protected] servers and upload the thing. Keeps trying, but failing and saying it's in queue.

Atleast its running on a second WU now...

Anyone else have this problem? It was with the 2653 project or WU.

Which method are you using (vmware, windows)? As long as the net is hooked up properly, which i assume it is because you downloaded the core and got new work, then it will keep trying until it is successfully sent. It is giving you an IP address of the server it is trying to send the work to? You can check the Server status page to see if maybe that server is having problems. I have had it happen a few times, but just forgot about it until i saw the points for it.

Windows, version. Ya it was kinda weird, cause it tried a couple times then just downloaded the next WU (which is weird, i guess different server or something). I'll check it today again, and see if it sends the thing, if not I'll keep it on a couple days and see if it does anything. Was going to be a nice 1520 PPD :)

Probably one of the servers at Stanford is down. I think specific units have to be sent to specific servers for organisation purposes :)

Which method are you using (vmware, windows)? As long as the net is hooked up properly, which i assume it is because you downloaded the core and got new work, then it will keep trying until it is successfully sent. It is giving you an IP address of the server it is trying to send the work to? You can check the Server status page to see if maybe that server is having problems. I have had it happen a few times, but just forgot about it until i saw the points for it.

The SMP client periodically attempts to send unsent WU's while working. It should upload eventually. I had a similar thing happen to me last month with a 2619 WU.