Hello Occ From Another Diy Refugee

sailindawg

Hello OCC,

I've been a longtime lurker, sometimes poster over at DIY for the past 5 years. Enjoyed the site, learned a lot. I've been gaming, building and overclocking my pc's for about the past 7 years or so. When I'm not messing around with my pc, I'm out sailing. As of late, I've been coaching my daughter's soccer team and been having a helluva time.

Looks like it's time for a change, I look forward to perusing your site. Thanks for giving a second home for the DIY crew. The crew at DIY were some of the most knowledgeable crew I have read online.

Thanks all! Glad to be aboard.

@EB, good to see you still hanging around. I enjoyed your last post over at DIY regarding you work van / pc mod. Very sweet. How's you spring going? Any good trips this year?

Dark n Stormies all around!

Thanks all! Glad to be aboard.

@EB, good to see you still hanging around. I enjoyed your last post over at DIY regarding you work van / pc mod. Very sweet. How's you spring going? Any good trips this year?

Dark n Stormies all around!

Getting too old for the long distance stuff.

Just finished up on a 78' sport fish at Newport Shipyard last night and today I was at Bristol Marine going over the work I did on an Alden sloop with the owner.

Next week I should be working on a couple of Freedoms in Warren, RI.

The Caribbean crowd are somewhat slow to return this year due to unsettled weather down south.

Gives me time to finish building my AX78.

I ordered a Gigabyte 3D Mars case, 4 gigs of G.Skill DDR2 1066 a DVD burner and some incidentals from the Egg today.

Now I can move it off the coffee table and into it's new home.

The van is now sporting a 3' WiFi antenna on the roof, MS Streets and Trips w/GPS and over 4,000 mp3's that I can play on the radio through an FM transmitter.

I'm hoping that the hard drive will last long enough until the solid state drives become more affordable.

Every time I hit a pothole I expect it to die.

Thanks for the drink a056.GIF.

Nice folks over here btw.

So how's things going with you?

@ runner & Lo

Thanks & Hello to you!

@EB

Sounds like you're stayin' busy! Too bad about the long passages. The longest farthest I've sailed was helping a buddy move his boat to Annapolis. I loved the open water part. Being out there really make one feel humble.

I used to keep my boat at Bristol Marine until it got sold. I'm up in Dighton. Much closer to my home and the yard is a great yard. The 2 brothers that run it are top notch. I won't be launching till after Memorial Day weekend. I just took the cover off yesterday. I've been real busy with soccer. That's winding down and I have 2 games left. I will finish the soccer season in time for the OffSoundings race! That's a fun race. It'll be off to Block Island! OffSoundings is a great way to start off a sailing season.

Regards.