Double Posts

paulktreg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kinda waiting for something like this to happen. With the influx of so many members and merging posts and all, it's very understandable that the site would slow down and exhibit some errors here and there. Same thing happened to me. Surprised you guys weren't expecting it also. The first time i posted yesterday, it took a long time to finish. That was when i knew the system was under a little strain. But it kept on tickin'! Still a little slow today, but it will take a bit of time to get things back to narmal. Hats off to everyones efforts! Much appreciated! :)

Edited by jaz

I was kinda waiting for something like this to happen. With the influx of so many members and merging posts and all, it's very understandable that the site would slow down and exhibit some errors here and there. Same thing happened to me. Surprised you guys weren't expecting it also. The first time i posted yesterday, it took a long time to finish. That was when i knew the system was under a little strain. But it kept on tickin'! Still a little slow today, but it will take a bit of time to get things back to narmal. Hats off to everyones efforts! Much appreciated! :)

Not to take anything away from you DIYers, but I doubt you guys had any more than a very small part in the extra load, as you definitely don't account for anywhere near the 23k guests. It was a mere coincidence that the merger occurred around this same influx in guests, which as people have mentioned was probably a result of the 9800 review or other things that hit the top of the search queries.

My PM's are taking two or three minutes to send and this posting took 2mins 35secs to upload.

Not sure whether it's me or OCC or a combination of both.

Other sites seem OK.

Paul

P.S. Not moaning just informing :rolleyes:

Edited by paulktreg