Help Choosing A Laptop

It's a stupid idea. Build your mom a low-power $400 microATX system and pair it with a cheap/old monitor. Stop overclocking or downgrade your computer so it runs cooler. Spend the money on a real laptop that doesn't weigh 6 lbs/ and gets decent battery life.

Or forgo gaming and just get a decent laptop for $1200.

Look, if he wants to game on his laptop, that's what he wants! You can get pretty good laptops for 1250$ that will last 2-3 hours of battery life! He's not looking for a pure workhorse, but for a compromise! I have a workhouse (aka 12.1" subnotebook with 6-8 hours of battery), but he doesn't want that, so stop suggesting that dude! If 2.5-3 hours of battery life are fine for him, then that's great, no need to argue to buy an overpriced Stinkpad :rolleyes:

Look, if he wants to game on his laptop, that's what he wants! You can get pretty good laptops for 1250$ that will last 2-3 hours of battery life! He's not looking for a pure workhorse, but for a compromise! I have a workhouse (aka 12.1" subnotebook with 6-8 hours of battery), but he doesn't want that, so stop suggesting that dude! If 2.5-3 hours of battery life are fine for him, then that's great, no need to argue to buy an overpriced Stinkpad

Thanks King :thumbs-up:

Glad someone gets it.

Im not expecting it to come close to my current rig just want to be able to play some games when I feel like it.

Thinkpads are overpriced? Ha.

Try this:

Acer --> T7300, 1GB, 120GB, Intel X3100 = 999$

Thinkpad --> T7250, 1GB, 100GB, Intel X3100 = 1249$

The Acer has a better resolution, 9-cell instead of 4-cell battery and has XP Pro instead of Vista Business, and here's you telling me Thinkpads aren't overpriced??? :rolleyes:

Thanks King :thumbs-up:

Glad someone gets it.

Im not expecting it to come close to my current rig just want to be able to play some games when I feel like it.

No prob :thumbs-up: I'd snag this HP Compaq 8510p and drop 2 or 4GB into it :)

Earlier ppl where talking about how ASUS sucks i disagree i think it has very good durablility becuase my ASUS laptop lasted 7 year and is still running when my new Dell laptop lasted only 2, my hp lasted 6 years.

If you want a good gaming laptop i would perfer the first laptop on your first post.

Earlier ppl where talking about how ASUS sucks i disagree i think it has very good durablility becuase my ASUS laptop lasted 7 year and is still running when my new Dell laptop lasted only 2, my hp lasted 6 years.

If you want a good gaming laptop i would perfer the first laptop on your first post.

I've experienced the exact opposite; I still have a Dell Laptop that's ~7yrs old that still runs strong, while I just had a 2 yr old ASUS die on me.