Watercooling Information & Suggestions

Hey all, merry christmas before i start asking questions ;) And all the best for the new year!!1

I have just bought the EK watercooling kit and set it all up but my temperatures are a little high and i was wondering which component would be best to replace first in order to improve cooling better?

The kit that i bought was the: EK H3O Watercooling Kit - Supreme LT 120

Which comes with:

- EK-Supreme LT - UNI (universal CPU block based on EK-Supreme LT)

- EK-Backplate CPU Universal

- EK-CoolStream RAD XT (120)

- Yate Loon D12SH (2200rpm) or Yate Loon D12SM (1650rpm)

- EK-DCP 2.2 Pump

- EK-Reservoir Combo DCP 2.2

- EK-DCP PUMP mounting plate KIT

- TUBE Masterkleer 12,7/9,5 CLEAR (2 meters)

- EK-PSC Fitting 10mm - G1/4 Nickel (6 pcs)

- EK-Ekoolant UV Blue (concentrate 100ml)

- TIM Arctic Cooling MX-2 (EKWB 2g)

I hare already had to replace the CPU block to the full nickel but will swap it back to plexi when i get the correct mounting bracket because it looks as though it would cool a lot better, the full nickel one is a bit of a slack design i find.

I have 2 fans around the rediator both pushing out but my temps rite now for my CPU is 30-34*, and im just typing this out so it's a little warm i thik in comparison to my old fan.

Thankyou for all of your time and all the best :)

Scorp

The difference between waterblocks is minimal, and most of the dissipation is done in the rad. So if you are looking to replace something in your loop id reccomend adding, or using, a different rad.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the best diameter to go with? and is it bad to start mixing diameters in a single loop?

The EVGA GTX 580 is available with a water cooler factor direct but the fitting options are 1/4" and 1/2" and most rads I've seen are 1/4" but most pumps seems to be 3/8" and I feel Like 1/4" tubing won't provide enough flow

What is the best diameter to go with? and is it bad to start mixing diameters in a single loop?

The EVGA GTX 580 is available with a water cooler factor direct but the fitting options are 1/4" and 1/2" and most rads I've seen are 1/4" but most pumps seems to be 3/8" and I feel Like 1/4" tubing won't provide enough flow

I use 1/2' and am very happy, others here use 3/8" and are happy as well. But, I don't recommend going smaller than 3/8" :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

You want to add to your products shop list, I have recently discovered a new way of cooling my system! Running quadfire 8790 seconds which can get pretty toasty, like I've played the game RuneScape II, speed quickly and is making money, I think so!

You high?

You want to add to your products shop list, I have recently discovered a new way of cooling my system! Running quadfire 8790 seconds which can get pretty toasty, like I've played the game RuneScape II, speed quickly and is making money, I think so!

lol what are you taking about?

• 4 months later...

Hey, so I'm looking at different Rads (I know I'm going with at least a 240mm) and I was wondering

Thicker or longer, which cools more (I know about the fans and which to pick). I can either get a 360mm rad

or a 240mm thick rad. Does anybody know which has higher cooling potential. I'd imagine that while the

240 has more surface area the 360 has more airflow per surface area. I really don't know.

Hey, so I'm looking at different Rads (I know I'm going with at least a 240mm) and I was wondering

Thicker or longer, which cools more (I know about the fans and which to pick). I can either get a 360mm rad

or a 240mm thick rad. Does anybody know which has higher cooling potential. I'd imagine that while the

240 has more surface area the 360 has more airflow per surface area. I really don't know.

360 vs 240 has more surface area and more airflow, depending on the radiator you choose. I have an XSPC RX360 rad and it is almost 60mm thick and a 360. That is a LOT of cooling area.

• 5 weeks later...

Any suggestions on a watercooling setup for an i7-960 and quadfire HD6870x2 ? I'll be upgrading case to Corsair 800D, currently using an Antec902 and everything is so crammed inside and on top of that the GPUS get steaming hot when OC'd so in the mean time I've put them back to stock clocks

I've been looking around and the only places I see that do pretty good custom watercooling kits / pre-made kits are all in US or EU... well I'm from Melbourne,AUS - any suggestions on a good place to shop online or locally here?

• 4 months later...

hi all new here, happy new year to all. i want to watercool my system so i have been looking around what u guys n gals think of alphacools nexXxoS xt45 120and 360, also xspc's raystorm cpu and gpu blocks. thanx in advance for any advice