Fan Speeds

I have a Zalman 9500 and according to Speedfan its spinning at 2136RPM and I also have fans that came with the Dominator RAM spinning at 5900RPM. Is there a way to speed up the Zalman and slow down the Dominator fans? I turned off smart fan mode in teh BIOS and its spinning at 2800rpm. Seeing about a 2c difference. Noise isn't an issue. Are the Zalmans designed to go full throttle for extended periods of time?

Is there a way to speed up the Zalman and slow down the Dominator fans?

I have the same board. As far as I've been able to tell, you can't individually change the voltage on the fan headers. So, to decrease the fanspeed on your dominator fans, you should probably get something like a FanMate http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835118217 . They are inexpensive and they work.

Turning off smart fan was the way to speed up your cpu fan, though. You could also get an adapter that allows you to plug in to a 4 pin molex. It will run full out all the time when plugged in that way. Your cpu fan should be just fine running at full speed all the time.

if you only have SmartFan on the CPU header, plug the CPU fan into another fan header like one of the case fans, and plug the RAM fan into the CPU with SmartFan enabled, adjust temps to achieve desired speed

I think there's a Fan Mate packaged with the Zalman CNPS 9500, right ? Just plug it along with your RAM fan instead of your CNPS, adjust its speed, and finally plug your CNPS directly onto the motherboard. It will spin at its maximum speed.

Edit: Yes, the CNPS can spin at its maximum speed for extended periods of time. It is made for that. Basically, the fan mate is a small variable resistor that decreases the voltage going through the CNPS, making it slower. But it is made for rotating at full speed.

Edited by The Smith