lukispuki

Hi Guys,

Anyone here has some good experience with any of those rippers?:

Plato DVD Ripper Pro

#1 DVD Ripper 7.2

How about the copying programs?

1Click-DVD-copy-pro3.13

Xilisoft-DVD-copy-express.1.120

I'm just listing the names of programs that I can get for free or almost free, but if I copy or rip dvd I want to be able to watch it in good quality, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks,

Luki

Edited by lukispuki

I use DVD Rebuilder Pro, it's fairly cheap... there is a totally free version too...

CCE SP 2.70 Trial is the best MPEG-2 video encoder, it's fast and the highest quality... you can use it for free (no time limit, no watermarks) with DVD Rebuilder Free ... for a grand total of nothing

AnyDVD is another great DVD ripper, albeit not a free one. I use that in conjunction with DVD Shrink to archive DVDs for my media center. It's been doing a great job so far :D

Anyone here has some good experience with any of those rippers?:

Plato DVD Ripper Pro

Apollo #1 DVD Ripper 7.2

How about the copying programs?

1Click-DVD-copy-pro3.13

Xilisoft-DVD-copy-express.1.120

Well, those are the ones I have easy cheap & possibly most likely free (need to see if it's trial or full) access to. Anyone knows if those are any good? unless you can point me to where I can get better ;) TY

oh and it should be:

Apollo #1 DVD Ripper 7.2

Thanks,

DVDFab HD Decrypter or AnyDVD along with DVD Shrink works like a charm. If you want to rip a DVD, AutoGK works like a charm.

BTW DVDFab HD Decrypter is like AnyDVD but its free.

Edited by werty316

Personally I like AutoGK, for ease of use and quality. I have tried the Apollo ripper but not the other one. I must not have liked it though, or I'd still be using ;)

Be warned that DVDFab is sometimes responsible for bad rips. Anydvd is good but costs a small fortune and isn't necessary unless you are ripping HD DVD or BD. If you are just trying to rip a DVD then DVDDecrypter works for me about 95% of the time. If it can't handle it then fire up ripit4me. DVDDecrypter will let you do things like keep only the main movie if all of the extras take up a dual layer DVD. If you need to make the movie smaller even after that you can easily use DVDShrink to squash it down a bit, but you certainly loose quality here. If you are going for serious compression while retaining quality you will have a pretty steep learning curve ahead of you.

Oh BTW, DVDDecrypter, ripit4me and DVDShrink are all free. The only reason you would need payware for backing up movies is if you needed anydvd for ripping a HD disk.