Windows Xp Sp3

Nemo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with branjo my internet seems to not like to work at times ,also some sites that were ok to go to before now takes 3-4 tries to connect if it even will. MCE05 os

Edited by wildman2

I've been using sp3 for awhile now as I made a slipstream with the RC 3300 build everything has worked fine for months. Just a couple progs would not install, said I needed sp2 or better, lol. I got around that by changing it in the registry and changing back.

I've been using sp3 for awhile now as I made a slipstream with the RC 3300 build everything has worked fine for months. Just a couple progs would not install, said I needed sp2 or better, lol. I got around that by changing it in the registry and changing back.

Good tip, I never thought of changing the reg. for that problem. You wouldn't remember where the sp# is in reg. exactly?

Good tip, I never thought of changing the reg. for that problem. You wouldn't remember where the sp# is in reg. exactly?

I havent been on this site much, I had to go back and find my posts from DIY, glad they all got transfered over here. I would think by now most software would have fixed this bug, but if not this works.

Heres from a thread on here now:

Hey got a great tip/solution for you guys with SP3, I guess I'll post it here. If you have a program like I did that wont install on SP3(like Pinnacle Studio 11 in my case for some reason had to have SP2, and would abort the install.). A guy helped me out over on MSFN and posted the solution. Change these 2 reg settings and then install the program(restart 1st of course).

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

"CSDVersion"="Service Pack 2"

on this one it should currently say "Service Pack 3,build v.xxxx" you can just change the 3 to a 2 because even if you delete the build number it will show back up but it dosent matter.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows]

"CSDVersion"=dword:00000200 or when you go to edit "200"

on this it should currently say "00000300" when you edit change it says "300", change it to "200". Also it has a "(768) and when you change it it wil be"(5xx)" dont worry about this as when you change it back by editing all is good

*restart required*

So the software will think its sp2. Then in my case I just changed it back after the successful install and restarted again, works like a dream. I'm not sure but some progs may require it to be left this way as SP2 to run?

Edited by SpeedEuphoria