Gigabyte Ati Radeon Hd3850 512mb $82.00

road-runner

Anyone have a 3870 and a 3850 in Xfire? I have a Sapphire 3870 and hesitant to match it up with another manufacturer. Something in me says they won't play well together and add on that the different speeds.

I don't think you can CrossFire HD3870's with HD3850's? :unsure:

Nope, beauty of crossfire, they DO work together, mush like running a 3870X2 and 3870 together.

If you already own a Radeon HD 3870 or Radeon HD 3850 and find a deal that you can't refuse on a new or used Radeon 3800 series card then it might be worth it to try something like this out. It works and performs very well considering what is being done. ATI has done a great job with the CATALYST drivers to be able to support mixing cards and brands of cards and running CrossFire. Now, if we could just get ATI to release the CrossFireX drivers, so we can do 3-way and 4-way CrossFireX with the Radeon 3800 series!

Legit Bottom Line: Mixing Radeon HD 3800 series cards can be done without losing stability and the performance gains are very nice.

Yeah I read that teh same chip can go together. My only concerns are the issues with different brands and if you use a 3850 will it slow down the 3870? Thinking like RAM that syncs with slower RAM hence the importance of matching pairs.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/663/1/

They used matching manufacturers though....

I do not think the brands matter either. If you were using a P35 board with a 16x and a 4x pcie slots you would put your stronger card in the main slot or the 16x. On x38 or x48 it should not make any difference as both slots are the same...