9800 Gtx In Sli Overclocked

hey guys i plan on building a pc soon and wanted to know if anybody has benchmarks for two overclocked 9800 gtx in sli.

this is the rest of my setup if there any other suggestions:

Sigma Gaming Unicorn Mid-Tower with side panel

800w Xion SuperNova Power Supply

Intel

i would change the CPU cooler, and the RAM, 2x2gig sticks works a lot better, and is less troublesome.

Look at a Thermalright ultra 120 extreme, tuniq tower or Zalman 9700 for excellent q6600 cooling

Besides 2x2gb being better then 4x1gb for ocing, I would get higher rated ram as well. The q6600 has a low multiplier anyway and you can run a +divider to keep your ram speed up even more. High FSB overclocking is your friend with a quad, and 1066 is not much more then 800 right now - ddr2 is dirt cheap. Also, if you are spending that much on a build get a good air cooler - the TRUE 120 is still the top dog, and can be had for 55 bucks +price of fan of your choice.

As for benchmarks, it will be the same as an 8800GTX give or take a few percent in certain scenarios. Same card basically.

Any tower design usually works better as a cooler then those orbs, The thermalright 120, Artic Cooling Freezer 7, whatever others are the same style.

And yes grab either the PSU king said or a 750 Corsair.

hey guys i plan on building a pc soon and wanted to know if anybody has benchmarks for two overclocked 9800 gtx in sli.

this is the rest of my setup if there any other suggestions:

Sigma Gaming Unicorn Mid-Tower with side panel

800w Xion SuperNova Power Supply

Intel

Edited by glennforum

• 2 weeks later...
Ditch the 500 gig drive and go for raid. Huge performance increase with raid 0.

"Huge" is a huge overstatement. In real-life performance you won't notice much. You might shave a second or two off of loading times in games/apps but the overall decrease in data "security"(chance of it getting corrupted/lost, etc.) doesn't justify it in my eyes. But then again the decrease is also kinda low unless your computer is prone to losing power without warning a lot. Overall it's just another thing that's going to give you a headache down the line so I say it's not worth it unless you're an extreme benchmarking junkie who sacrifices small barnyard animals for that extra 3 points in 3DMark06...