Sign in to follow this  
00stevo

8600 Gt Overclocking

This is my first post here so hello to everyone ;) Anyway,ive been overclocking my 8600gt(xfx) and have managed to get the clocks to-640 core/1500 shader/850 memory.I test them by playing COD4 online and Bioshock.Ive had no artifacts or problems whatsoever and was just wondering if anyone else has this card and what they've managed to do with it.My temps never go above 63 degrees at this point.Is this good? Thanks in advance.

@ Bonzo-Download yourself Rivatuner,and then google some articles on overclocking your gfx card.Its very easy.

Hello, I remembered that I had made an account of this forum just when I got an old-school toy, a 256MB 8600GT, lost in a box by a friend. Hard to determine the manufacturer. I finally found it to be an EVGA. Has anyone overclocked, at least curiosity?

Thats reaching back to the past right there. 

Nice results, not much to miss with GPU overclocking. As long as it does not overtemp, artifact or degrade performance your golden. 

Side Note:

I began with a 7950 ages ago. I think I have owned over 10 gpu's sense then. :wow:

This tread is 11 years old so sorry but those cards are long gone and would not be capable of playing any of the games out in the last decade even oc'ed. Newer pc's onboard video would most likely be faster.

Ok, I did not own a 8-series video, so not even 8600GT.  I think it's clear I'm not going to use it for games :).

After some research I found is suitable for a "transformation" worthy of a zombie: 8600GTS and total ock. I need to do some study time for that modding and its transposition in fact.

Actually the 8600 gt was my first gaming card, It was in a 1600 mhz amd pc, pretty fast for back then, I tought it was great until I upgraded to a 8800 gtx, that card was a monster !