Sign in to follow this  
CanadaGUY

8800gt Cooler?

How's this cooler work, passive for a 8800GT?

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?d...&cid=FN.251

I'm all about silence, and right now the stock cooler even at 30%, is the loudest thing in my computer. It also doesn't really do much for the card at 30% either, as I believe idle the thing is already at around 45-50C. Where as my CPU under full load from prime95 for 4 hours only ever gets to 40C.

Any one got any experience with that cooler? If need be I'll be putting on a 120mm fan for extra measure.

P.S Sidenote is $214 for a E8400 a good deal?

I have the same card and I have the S1 and added a noctua 120mm fan on it and it is great.

Temps idle are low 40's and playing Crysis for awhile, and it only gets to the mid 50's.

Passive is nice, but this fan is pretty quiet and will only add in keeping this hot card in check.

Enjoy.

Attached is my installed Accellero S2 on my 8800gts 512mb. Dropped temps 30 C on load from 83 C to 53 C.

Pretty impressive considering the 8800GTS 512 stock cooler is no slouch...........

post-32292-1210908597_thumb.jpg

The S1 is certainly a decent option. I chose it because it was cheaper than the alternatives while still offering good performance.

A 120mm fan is probably just as good, if not better than the turbo module as well. My 880GT