3dmark Vantage Scores

jammin

Only because they will not give DX10 and drivers to XP...

The underlying O/S is different for XP versus Vista as is the driver structure. Porting DX10 would be insanely hard if not impossible.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

apparently you missed the point that DX-10 is basically useless until implemented...

i can assure you that all the guys in the benchmark community run both OS and only use Vista when forced.

DX-10 has been a dismal fialure to this point on it's own merit.

this of course is due mostly to no game support and crummy drivers.

of course that is the excuse used the most.

just like your excuse that the high scores belong to Vista.

that statement is only correct when used very selectively.

you can easily unlock the DX-10 features in Crysis if you edit the config files.

this was accomplished the 1st week it was released.

so there goes the theory it will not work in XP.

you will however need a brute of a machine to run it in that config.

you can easily unlock the DX-10 features in Crysis if you edit the config files.

this was accomplished the 1st week it was released.

so there goes the theory it will not work in XP.

Not quite. You can access the higher detail levels by modding the config file but you do not get DX10 in XP.

no...

but you can get the things DX-10 supposedly enables such as God Rays and particle bloom.

i am not going to argue with you about DX-10.

it is virtually useless until it has been implemented by more than a handful of games.

i suggest you go read in the Crysis forums where they created the DX-10 config packages for XP.

Vista was overhyped and is a dismal failure in the gaming and benchmark community.

DX10 was overhyped and is also pretty much a failure as well, unless somebody actually starts coding games to use it properly.

now 3Dmark Vantage has followed the same path.

they all promised to revolutionize the PC world, and all 3 have pretty much missed the target...

BIG QFT!!! Took the words outta my mouth (although I can't comment on 3DMark Vantage, my laptop won't run it anyways :lol:)

no...

but you can get the things DX-10 supposedly enables such as God Rays and particle bloom.

i am not going to argue with you about DX-10.

it is virtually useless until it has been implemented by more than a handful of games.

i suggest you go read in the Crysis forums where they created the DX-10 config packages for XP.

:withstupid: You go not get DX10 in XP, but you get all the features that are supposedly DX10/Vista only.... Your argument is invalid dude :rolleyes:

you get the features that are supposed to be DX-10 only... sigh... :rolleyes:

*Some* of the features, yes. There's nothing that DX10 can do that DX9 can't...albeit very slowly. Soft smoke is one of the biggest ones as well as larger textures and a handful of other things.

The software paths are massively different between DX9 and DX10.

3DMark Vanatage sucks big balls. I come in here and shut down my rig swapped hard drives, put the 3870x2s in removed my drivers cleaned it etc. Put in the new hotfix drivers, got all ready overclocked my cards got my fans on 100% and the internet based POS will not start, says loading GUI please be patient. I am glad I am not sitting here with LN2 cooling everything and my cpu at about 5500mhz and 1.95 vcore and LN2 on my VCs. This is the biggest damn POS benchmark I have ever seen. I have had it with Futuremark can shove as far up there your know what as they can reach and I will push a little more. And we got to pay for it! I am one made SOB right now. Futuremark can kiss my you know what...

Edit: It started working finally, P10759 3DMarks @ 3.9Ghz

Edit: @ 4420 P11544 3DMarks

Edit: @ 4480 P11753 3DMarks

Also with the hotfix drivers I can now see everything that is going on in the benchmark, before all the water where the jet skis are was just all white and flashing like a strobe light...

The more I read the more garbage it becomes. Between the set up issues and needing to pay there will be a new benchmarking program of choice sooner than later.

Agreed.

I'm not going to pay a single cent for benchmark software that requires a connection to the internet to run. Anyone who does extreme benches knows that Ethernet adapters are pretty damn picky at crazy high speeds and are unreliable at best for suicide runs.