Vegas 2 Anyone?

jack_of_java

Anyone played R6: Vegas 2 yet? I'm still in the contemplation mode of whether to get it or not. The reviews out have been a bit skeptical with the game. I have the first Vegas, and am looking forward to the second one. I just hope I'm not let down if I decide to get it.

From what I'm reading about it the game should be looked at as a nice but expensive standalone expansion pack. Something I would normally pay $30-40 for rather than a full $50, but for me I DONT have the first Vegas...so who knows :)

After the let down/catastrophe that vegas was, I won't be buying 2 until it hits the bargain bin. Ubi has completely screwed up what was an incredible game series. They're done nothing right since Raven Shield.

vegas 2 feels like an add-on pack for vegas one, the plot doesnt go anywhere the levels are clones and well its the price of a full game. get vegas 1 and forget about 2.

for the record i must say Vega 1 is is the BEST rainbow six game, and i have played them all.

I bought the D2D version of the game and am having a heck of a time updating it so that friends and I can play coop together. It seems the patch that was released from ubi does not want to update the game to v 1.01. I'm at a loss right now. As far as the game goes, it is somewhat of an addon pack, but they have changed a few things that make the game seem better.

I've got both vegas games now and I've got to say that I disagree with people who say it's just an expansion pack. Sure the level design is pretty uninspired but, to me at least, pretty much everything about vegas 2 is better than the original. It's hard to describe but everything is just more fluid and correct, for lack of better wording. If there's one thing I have to complain about it's that the pistols in the game are ludicrously accurate(save for the d-eagle and raging bull). It's a little odd when you can no-scope(zoom) a headshot using a pistol but you miss the same shot with a Semi-auto mode FAMAS plus the ACOG scope...and don't get me started on the shielded enemies...a grenade exploding right in front of them should kill them, shield or no...

I really like the game. It's fun, challenging and forces you to slow down and think a little. But then opinions are only worth so much on the internet, aren't they.

I did get it to work a bit last night. It is better than the original as iKill said, but there are still a few bugs that need to be worked out. Unfortunately though, I had to use a no-cd crack to get the game to work with the 1.01 patch! I bought the D2D version, installed it, and patched the game. When I went to play with some friends online, it kept showing a different version than those that bought the retail and installed the patch. So, I worked around it, but this may not work with future patches. It has some bugs, but it is still fun. BTW...love the RVS and original maps that they brought back.

Does 2 have the horribly linear gameplay that 1 had?

Is the multiplayer interface "console crippled" or is it a proper usable PC interface?

Does the multiplayer boot all the players every 3 rounds like 1 did?

I haven't played the single player mode yet Cam, but they did bring back some great maps from RVS and older days for terrorists hunt. It is more strategic now than it was in vegas 1. I must say, that it is quite tough. There is no more "shooting 20 times to kill" an enemy. Same goes for the AI shooting you. One shot kills like RVS coop. I've had a server up from time to time under the name of iRoXoRi to play some coop, and the only complaint I've been getting is lag. The load times of the game kind of suck. I would expected them to cut that down in a future patch, as well as fix the netcode.

As far as your other questions about the console and multiplayer boot. I haven't messed with the console enough to tell you more. I've also played several rounds and maps without anyone being booted. However, I did get one lockup, but that may have been due to a hardware overclock error (was quite hot in my comp room that day).

BTW: If anyone wants to play a coop game or what not of VEGAS 1 or 2...just shoot me a PM!

Edited by jack_of_java

I just made my g/f buy it for me, and i like it so far. The single player mode is very mundane; Multi-player reminds me kind of like CSS with better graphics. Have not got that far into the game to say for sure if i am yay or nay, but so far not a horrible game.

• 4 weeks later...