Not Bad For 11 Rigs

road-runner

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It runs about 250.00 with no rigs running and up to 450.00 in the hot summer time with no rigs so its about 100.00 extra a month to run the rigs...

not bad, you should invest in some solar panels :)

Or one of these...

wind2.jpg

Those would be sweet, attach like a seat on one of the blades for extra fun when your bored :)

*hijack* question can i run the SMP client of F@H on a dual-core?

Those would be sweet, attach like a seat on one of the blades for extra fun when your bored :)

*hijack* question can i run the SMP client of F@H on a dual-core?

Yea, SMP is for two cores or more :) Give it a go man ;)

Are you running 2 instances of the SMP client on your quad cores, and if so under Linux or Windows? I tried it under Windows but lost work units like there was no tomorrow.

Are you running 2 instances of the SMP client on your quad cores, and if so under Linux or Windows? I tried it under Windows but lost work units like there was no tomorrow.

Under Linux/Ubuntu. I tried it quite a while back on windows and had it working though. You are using the local flag and different machine ID numbers? I only ran it a couple hours to see that it was slow as hell with windows. You can use Vmware with windows and run two Vmware/ Ubuntu 64 bit O/S and it does a lot better than windows with one client....

Under Linux/Ubuntu. I tried it quite a while back on windows and had it working though. You are using the local flag and different machine ID numbers? I only ran it a couple hours to see that it was slow as hell with windows. You can use Vmware with windows and run two Vmware/ Ubuntu 64 bit O/S and it does a lot better than windows with one client....

Yes I believe I had it set up properly and at one point I was getting a combined total of 4000ppd. However both instances crapped during the overnight hours. I guess I'll have to give Ubuntu 64bit a shot.

Yea the windmill idea is sweet if you live where there is at least a 8 mph wind constantly, They cost about 1million per, and produce 1megawatt/hour, Generally 1 megawatt will run your average home including this one with all those machines running for a month.

So. MOST Electric companies will actaully pay you to provide power, So What you don't use gets transmitted to your local plant, metered and rated, And you get piad.

My old boss and me figured out, with prices at teh high margin, it would take around 1.25 years to pay for itself, and low cost it would take 4 years to pay for itself, after that it's profit. 400k-1mil/year on affordign a windmill, and giving back to the power grid. Nice eh. Now can you afford the 1mil to put it up ;)

Before I was Cox HSI Support I worked in industrial radiography, we were in power plants, exraying boiler stuffs, pipelines so on and so forth, we x-rays the lined to make sure the welds would hold and make make a disastourous mess with the enviroment basically. `Tis where my knowledge comes from.

And anyone can slap me at anytime for my horrendous typing skillz

Edited by pvtgump

Are you running XP or Vista? I've heard of people having problems with VMWare and the Linux SMP in Vista...

XP 32bit. I haven't tried the VMWare/Linux method yet. I'm still trying to figure out Linux :)