Refurb Zalman Products On Ebay

davidst

• 1 month later...

I just won a 9700.

Anyone have specs on a Zalman 9700 versus the 9500? I have a 9500 on the Intel rig and I need one for the AMD machine. Temps are fine with the Intel but thinking the bigger 9700 would be better. Bigger fan, you get the idea. The 9500 would then move to the AMD machine which will give off heat but not as much as the Intel. So pretty much I was correcting the mistake of getting a smaller CPU cooler from the start. Here I upgrade to a bigger fan without the cost. I checked (I think here) that they mount on the same bracket so pulling the 9500 and dropping the 9700 shouldn't make me have to pull the board.

Other coolers won't work on the Intel machine. The RAM I have sits very high with the fins and the board layout has the CPU very close to DIMM one. Looked at the Vendetta 2 and the Tuniq which looks like it will hit the first DIMM.

Anyway, will I see a difference in temps from the 9500 to 9700? Anyone have linkage of those two in a test set up?

Good stuff. Looks like the 9700 is on average 3c better which for the Intel rig would be nice. That Tuniq does look sharp. I just hate to pull this board again. Especially if I'm sitting at the 3.6ghz OC and not thinking of going higher right now.