[email protected] Smp Question?

fire_storm

How do you tell if the SMP client is working with [email protected]?

I followed all the instructions and got that message

If you see this twice, MPI is working

Meaning the client is suppose to be installed successfully.

But when I look at the task manger it says only 25% of my cpu is being used.

How do you tell if the SMP client is working with [email protected]?

I followed all the instructions and got that message

Meaning the client is suppose to be installed successfully.

But when I look at the task manger it says only 25% of my cpu is being used.

Do you have netframework 2.0 installed? Something is not right it should be showing 100%

I thought that windows vista already has netframework 2.0 installed on it by default.

Not sure, check and see in the add and remove programs. Also I have not set it up on vista so I dont know. I do know it has to be framework 2.0. Maybe some of the people with it working on Vista can chime in and give the scoop....

well did you just install it? To run it you need to run FAH.exe although I stopped folding on my Vista rig, it kept failing to submit WU's so my feeling was that if they aren't getting them there is no point for me to be running it. I'll probably try it again sometime soon, but right now I don't want to put the time into it.

Maybe some of the people with it working on Vista can chime in and give the scoop....

I had to run the installer for 2.0 to get it working properly.

Well I checked what version of net framework vista had installed on it and it only had version 1.1 installed. So I download the latest version 3.5 and installed it. Got the same results only 25% of the cpu is being used. Un-installed and re-installed the SMP client and the [email protected] client and still got the same results.

So I guess I'm at a loss know at what to do?

Well I checked what version of net framework vista had installed on it and it only had version 1.1 installed. So I download the latest version 3.5 and installed it. Got the same results only 25% of the cpu is being used. Un-installed and re-installed the SMP client and the [email protected] client and still got the same results.

So I guess I'm at a loss know at what to do?

It has to be the 2.0 version... read the readme.txt...

It has to be the 2.0 version... read the readme.txt...

I assumed that version 3.5 would probably contain all the things 2.0 does. But anyways I tried to install netframework 2.0 and it says its already part of the windows vista operating system.

So i'm at a loss know I guess I'm just going to have to give up folding until standford can fix this problem.

I assumed that version 3.5 would probably contain all the things 2.0 does. But anyways I tried to install netframework 2.0 and it says its already part of the windows vista operating system.

So i'm at a loss know I guess I'm just going to have to give up folding until standford can fix this problem.

Have you checked the folding forums for Vista installation instructions and problems etc, I know there are a lot of people running it on Vista with no problems...

Edit: http://fahwiki.net/index.php/How_do_I_inst...indows_Vista%3F