Dvd Ripper/ipod Video Converter

Sly_C

yeah I don't actually have an iPod lol, but I know from using XviD4PSP that it is capable from encoding movies for iPods from decrypted DVD content... there is no intermediate step needed like you'd need to do for SUPER (because SUPER doesn't have support to parse IFO files for chapters, subs, languages, etc...)

yeah I don't actually have an iPod lol, but I know from using XviD4PSP that it is capable from encoding movies for iPods from decrypted DVD content... there is no intermediate step needed like you'd need to do for SUPER (because SUPER doesn't have support to parse IFO files for chapters, subs, languages, etc...)

See I'm not gonna lie about it, half the stuff you're talking about is going over my head, why would there need to be an intermediate step, and what is SUPER?

SUPER can convert lots of different video files to other formats... it's especially good for say, converting an AVI to play on a phone... the thing with a DVD is it's not one file, it's multiple files, and then even if you put them all together there are different parts: main movie, trailers, extras, menu... so you'd need to extract just the main movie in order for something simple like SUPER to be able with converting a movie from DVD...

with XviD4PSP, it can read the information about where the main movie data is within the VOB files, and just pick out the data as it is encoding, instead of having to extract the data to an intermediate file, or set up a virtual intermediate file...

Show me one case where any one individula has been sued for breaking the encryption to back up their own dvd's and not to pirate them and distribute them over the internet/bootleg them for personal gain. I doubt you will find any.

There's an inherent problem with that statement. It's next to impossible to find somebody breaking encryption for a personal backup without raiding a home, and getting a warrant to do that is nigh impossible. Which is why you won't find any court cases as nobody has yet been caught in the deed, but that does not detract from the fact that it is illegal. Kind of like smoking weed in your home. It's highly unlikely that you'll get caught, but that doesn't make it any less illegal.