Another Kal Online???

airman

Well - after getting sick of kal online and not playing for over a year, I've found something I have taken a liking to within the past week.

The game is called 12sky - it's a free mmorpg that's pretty much the same basis as KalOnline. The exception, is the lack of the horribly translated storyline that KalOnline had. 12Sky doesn't really have much of a storyline so far - but the gameplay is very similar. The interface is a little different, but the learning curve is pretty quick, especially if you've played kalonline before. I'm still new, and I've still got a lot to learn about weapons/classes/etc, but I haven't done any reading on any faq about anything yet. I'm sure there's plenty of knowledge out there.

It's pretty addicting...i've already put about 15 hours of play into it or so. Right now I am level 28, but the highest levels are in the low 100s.

You can't create a guild until you're level 50 - which I hope I can pull together an OCCult and have plenty of our members on here with me :)

The link to the site: http://12-sky.aeriagames.com/

One cool thing, aeriagames only requires one account for all of their games. I haven't really looked around at their other games, but I already feel attached to this one.

I'm not sure how many active players are on here, but it doesn't seem nearly as populated as KalOnline was/is. The market is still pretty strong from what i've heard about, however prices of things will always keep going up. That's normally what happens :) The drops are good, and it's easy to make money with a bit of luck.

Exp loss isn't too bad if you die, and i've only died probably twice. Double experience on Saturdays, and double drops on Sundays which is pretty cool.

I'm on there as airman. I've got plenty of cash if anyone needs a few thousand silver to buy some gear to get started. They have what is called the "Item Mall", as in the Item Shop in KalOnline. There isn't any CC fraud from what i can tell, so no annoyance there. The good thing, you buy items with the Item Mall cash IN GAME, and from anywhere you are. You don't have to be in a town, or anything like that. I wish the inventory was bigger, as it's a space based (as in weapons/armor take up 4 square blocks as opposed to meds/potions that take up only 1).

There are 3 main classes just as KalOnline has, but they're more like factions, which fight as each other as a whole team. I am the Jinong class, basically like a knight in Kal. As far as guilds go, you have to be in the same class. I'm sure with enough playtime we could have 3 guilds in each class :) I'm gonna level up as far as i can in Jinong before i start anywhere else though.

Feel free to message me, i'll be on for the next few hours. I currently reside on the devotion server, so that's where my characters is.

Edited by airman

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, good sir. You've just succeeded in destroying the lives of one third of OCC's active member base.

I may check it out. I've been looking for something non-productive to waste my life on.

I knew that was coming :)

I dont know about everyone else, but after kal I'm completely burnt out of MMORPGs.

Sorry but I'm not getting involved in this one, haha.

But you know what I want to say some positive about kal and playing with OCC members, running OCCult for as long i did... It was pretty cool, I honestly think I got some leadership experience from that, haha.

OCCult back in the day, was pretty badass - I remember we used to get a lot of respect amoung the other players and guilds.

We even got a few members on the forums from kal..

Hopefully if some serious OCC members get on that game, you guys can establish the same name.

OCCult back in the day, was pretty badass - I remember we used to get a lot of respect amoung the other players and guilds.

We even got a few members on the forums from kal..

Hopefully if some serious OCC members get on that game, you guys can establish the same name.

OCCult ftw.

Downloading now...

I've played quite a few Asian MMORPGS that were good, they seem to have a knack for making interesting games...

/agrees.

many of us here were very addicted to kal online for a very long time. i hate to say it but i know i'm gonna be putting many hours into this >.<

/agrees.

many of us here were very addicted to kal online for a very long time. i hate to say it but i know i'm gonna be putting many hours into this >.<

I've played all of these: (Achieving at least a level 20 character(s) on all of them)

• 9Dragons
  • Silkroad Online
  • Conquer Online
  • MU Online
  • KAL Online
  • Knight Online
  • HERO Online
  • Thang Online
  • RYL:Unforgiven Wars

They all have their unique pros and cons but for the most part they are good.

Hopefully this one is just as good...

Edited by Andrewr05

I've played all of these: (Achieving at least a level 20 character(s) on all of them)

• 9Dragons
  • Silkroad Online
  • Conquer Online
  • MU Online
  • KAL Online
  • Knight Online
  • HERO Online
  • Thang Online
  • RYL:Unforgiven Wars

They all have their unique pros and cons but for the most part they are good.

Hopefully this one is just as good...

the only con i've noticed so far is the level requirements for weapons/armor - for example, going from level 1-30, you can go through 10 or more sets of armor/weapons. pretty much every level gives you access to another weapon/armor. i.e. "minimum level 16 required, minimum level 20 required, minimum level 23 required" etc.

the armor and weapons are cheap though, so it doesn't really bother me. if you get a decent drop you'll be pretty much set until the leveling starts to slow down.

i made it to level 36 so far today, and within the next 20 minutes i'll be back from work and grinding some more.

Edited by airman