What The..... 3dmark Will Not Start Up!!

philbrown23

ok so when I click on any of the 3dmark short cuts on my desktop, it goes to the part where it says scanning system configuration and just sits there?? it will not start up at all?? also ati tool and CCC will not start up, CCC shows an error message when I start my pc, I'm using the cat 8.2's cuz I'm in xp. the driver looks like it's working but none of the 3dmarks will run at all. should I try the cat 8.3's I know that they have issues with xp.

I'm running asus maximus

e8400

ocz 2x1gb ddr3 10666 (wich I cannon get to run ddr3 speeds either)

1xhd3870

ok so when I click on any of the 3dmark short cuts on my desktop, it goes to the part where it says scanning system configuration and just sits there?? it will not start up at all?? also ati tool and CCC will not start up, CCC shows an error message when I start my pc, I'm using the cat 8.2's cuz I'm in xp. the driver looks like it's working but none of the 3dmarks will run at all. should I try the cat 8.3's I know that they have issues with xp.

I'm running asus maximus

e8400

ocz 2x1gb ddr3 10666 (wich I cannon get to run ddr3 speeds either)

1xhd3870

I have the maximum, and the 3870, with the 8.3 drivers.

3Dmark05 will not even launch. It just hangs and goes "program not responding"

this is after I formatted from Vista 64, which worked for it, and put on XP Pro with SP2. Apparently, XP cant do it with the 3870, I dont know.

LAAkuma

thats the samething it does for me! at least I know it's not just me. are you haveing proble,s getting it to run your ddr3 at dddr3 speeds?? mine will not boot at the manufaturers specs but will boot at anything before it. so it worked in vista for you??

What the hell are u on about?!

A 3870 doesnt work with XP?! What are u, 5? Why would they release a product that doesnt support the most widely used OS at the minute?!

my 3870 works fine with XP... :rolleyes:

there are other issues if more applications are not functioning.

i would suggest trying to reload the drivers 1st.

if that does not work, a format and reload of the OS, the MB drivers, then the video drivers.

all this needs to be done at stock clocks.

as far as the ram...

what voltage is displayed in the BIOS?

we were talking about the drivers not working correctly in xp, not the card.Mine is a freshly formatted and installed HDD/OS. I'm prob. gonna move back to vista and use the 8.3's cuz they seem to detect the card better anyway. And as for the ram the voltage is set at 1.5 which is the nfgr's stock specs, I've tried to bring it up to no avail.

Guest ajmatson

Try running with the -nosysteminfo switch. I have had that problem with some ATI cards that stalls while scanning your system specs.

c:\....\3DMark06.exe -nosysteminfo

Did you guys add the updated dire.dll files in the windows system 32 folder?

how do you get the dire.dll files to add??

Try running with the -nosysteminfo switch. I have had that problem with some ATI cards that stalls while scanning your system specs.

c:\....\3DMark06.exe -nosysteminfo

is this the exact way to run it??