Lawsuit By Ultra Products Against Lots Of Psu Manufacturers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I found a couple... 459 to be exact :lol:

Guess one could go by date, or even the earliest patent for anything relating to modularity.

Maybe a cross search for patents containing both Ultra and Modular, or chen chen, or whatever that name was.

Ultra's new slogan: Too little too late! :rolleyes:

Ultra has been known crap for ages. Coming out this late and trying to sue others is rediculous.

I like how they took an already crappy, overrated 600watt POS and rebadged it as a high end 750 watt multi gpu power supply :rolleyes: .

After killing two cheap PSUs, one taking out a mobo, I will only purchase PSUs made by suppliers of OCZ, Fortron, or PCP&C. Who rebranded it does not really matter, but the original maker is the thing to look out for.

Didn't Fueler start this off anyway?

Yep.

What? :huh:

Fueler had the idea to mod a PSU to be modular years ago,like in 04(or maybe even 03), before any manufacturers had any available.

BTW on the topic of crappy PSU's wheres lilkev when you need him?!

I thought Fueler simply changed the way it was done, not invented modular PSU's entirely. His was way cooler, but I'm pretty sure (crappy) modular power supplies existed at the time.

On the subject of who first did modular power supplies these guys claim they were the first to make a modular power supply. And in the defense of Ultra, yes they have made and still do make some crappy power supplies, but the one in my computer has given me absolutely no problems whatsoever and I have built 5 other systems including a server that is run 24/7 that have had absolutely no problems. On the other hand I have never been very trusting of most modular power supplies anyway since they add another connection and point of failure in the mix. I can't see that you can get as good of a power source with the extra connection in there as you would if the connections were attached straight to the source.

I agree with most of you guys. Ultra PSUs just plain suck. Plus, Ultra should have sued them a long time ago. They pretty much gave them permission to use the "patent" that supposedly Ultra has on the modular design.