Lawsuit By Ultra Products Against Lots Of Psu Manufacturers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you have to admit the companies could have at least mentioned Ultra in the sticker or fine print of the "modular" psu, after all the patent does belong to Ultra.

mentioning them would be sheer suicide if this ever does go to court.

that would imply you knowingly violated the patent.

not that doing so unknowingly would protect you, but blatantly admitting you were knowingly doing so would probably escalate any punitive damages awarded.

In this day of outsourcing and using multiple OEMs to develop a "brand", costs are often shaved to hit a specific pricepoint.

I'm very happy with two Ultra X-Pro 600W PSUs I just picked up, while realizing some of their stuff is "entry level" at best.

(Actually the finish and the sleeving on it is the best I have ever seen on a PSU)

The fact is Ultra has 3 models that made the OCC recommended list http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=63579

While Ultra may not ever win any of the lawsuits it certainly has gotten them some free advertising.

There is no denying that some Ultra products are ace, but some of them tend to be crap as well (as you said). This crap part of Ultra limits most enthusiasts from recommending them, especially after the X-Connect disaster.

i have an original xconnect 500w psu and that thing has lasted through 3 dual cores, and a quad core rig, without problem or overheating. and now that i have a antec quattro truepower, i miss the modular design lol..