Recommendations For Thermal Paste

• 4 weeks later...
I have a xfx 680i lt board and a q6600 intel quad core what thermal paste do you reccomend?

I use this:

http://www.ocztechnology.com/aboutocz/news/104

OCZ Freeze...definitely works better than the artic silver I used to use. However I still like the artic silver cleaner and prep - has a decent citrus smell and cleans up the CPU and your cooler base really well.

I use the OCZ Freeze as well, Thought I've nto tried any other, Between the Masscool CPU fan, and this stuff, (5.99) I think,

keeps my 63% overclock decent enough. Would be intresting to get some better cooling, and shoto for 100 :bah:

Edited by pvtgump

There all basically the same thing right now im using arctic silver 5 and im running low so im thinking about buying something cheaper for other builds.

Two on mind are the arctic cooling mx-2, reason, its basically the same as arctic silver but its non conductive which is a plus just in case anythings starts oozing out.

The other one is the Tuniq TX-2 just because its cheap and is better then arctic silver 5 (by a bit)

I've never had a problem, Honestly I've never tired any others though, so I wouldn't be able to really compare,

But it keeps my E2180 unlapped @ 3.25 @ 60c under full loads. idles around 30 32 on a warm day in the house,

With no o/c though I idle somewhere around 25c adn max out around 49c,

Pretty redunandt post :bah: , IMHO I think it's great though.

I think Arctic Silver5 is the best thermal paste for OC!

however, I interested in OCZ thermal paste. I want to try it.

so I have a question. Is it good?

Edited by pvtgump