Another 9800gtx On Occs Review Bench

How are they off? In Crysis @ 1920x1200 there's 21fps in the review with an 8800GTX, where's the big difference to your 15-20? :huh: Ccoke even has 2x AA turned on, so I really don't see what you mean.... :unsure:

i must have miss read something. ill go check again.

Edit: yes, heres why. it is true that he is running the same resolution and has 2AA however it says at the top. Advanced settings to medium. if hes only getting 21 frames on mediums settings......unless those arnt the same settings im thinking of?

i did forget to mention one thing, im running the 174.74 beta drivers. If they add to the huge jump in performance you might want to try those

Edit: i just went back started playing crysis. I turned all settings equal to the reviewers except left AA off and like around 60-70 frames. when i put 2AA on they plummeted to around 30.

i have heard other people say that AA in crysis has some memory leak/is horrible inefficient. this could be evidence of it.

perhaps this is why i can floor the game but leave AA off and still get ok frame rate.

Edit again: after some further testing/fiddling with settings i have found that if you put any AA on at all it will automatically put shaders onto high. shaders is the most demanding single setting in the game save maybe resolution.

if you go back and check your benchmark you may find that putting your 2AA on forced shaders onto high which can knock frames down a significant amount.

I just dont understand why these tests show a lower score in frame rates than i get with my xfx 8800gts 512, its clocks are standard and im running an E6600 @ 3.0ghz on a ds3 with 4gig pc6400 ram.Are they putting this new 9800gtx up against an old gts 320 or 640? I see no mention of which it is.

Also when i tested my 8800gts 512 about 5 mins ago at the same settings as stated, when 2xAA is put on shader quality automatically goes to high, so i left it at that and ran the gpu bench @ 1680x1050.Results..

Min fps 29.21.. average fps 37.76.. max fps 44.49. So this doesnt really compare to the results that were benched in the tests and my shader was on high too.I havent touched my cfg its a new install with latest patch on the game.

Im not complaining about my results but this and other tests ive read dont really tell me whether the new gpus are any better or not because im getting better already.Im a tad confused here!

Any ideas on why my system is performing better than the tests?Did they use the minimum fps results only?

Sorry i forgot to mention the benches im talking about refer to crysis! :)

Edited by UFO

The test was run on a setup with a Q6600 @ 2.4GHz (stock speeds), but also only 2GBs of RAM. You overclocked your E6600 and have double the RAM, so your results don't necessarily compare here. It does say though that the 8800GTS in the comparison is a G92, so it's the 512MB version.

The test was run on a setup with a Q6600 @ 2.4GHz (stock speeds), but also only 2GBs of RAM. You overclocked your E6600 and have double the RAM, so your results don't necessarily compare here. It does say though that the 8800GTS in the comparison is a G92, so it's the 512MB version.

Ah ok, thanks for reply. I didnt think the cpu and ram would have had such a large impact on the crysis performance.I guess when my E8500 and rampage formula arrive next week i will be getting even better results.Ive a full cover EK water block waiting to go on the gts too.9800 GTX killer then? :)