Havent Built A Half Decent Gaming System In A While

nightsider

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put you're purchasing of the GX2's on hold!

9900GT and GTX coming soon-ish

Click me

:withstupid:

That is a good reason why to hold off on your purchase.

What I think you should do is don't order the 9800GTX2 when you order your new system just put your 8800GTS 320MB in the new rig and when these new cards come out buy them and take out the 8800GTS and then you wouldn't have wasted any money.

rr you have a lot of knowledge in this area what im after is something that will play current and next gen games basically i want to be able to play crysis at high-max settings and not have to upgrade for another 3 years.

it just feels like my 88gts is holding out on me it may be my current monitor (which is a 19" OEM) but when i throw any of the aa or the anisotropic filter settings on the system just crashes so any advice on what to do about this most appreciated

Edit

new list compiled

• Asus Striker II Formula NF780i 3xSLi 775 PCI-E 2.0 DDR2
  • Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, Yorkfield Core, S775, 2.83 GHz,
  • 4GB(4x1GB) Corsair QuadX DDR2 XMS2 Dominator, PC2-8500, 240 Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 5-5-5-15
  • 1000 GB Samsung HD103UJ Spinpoint F1
  • 1000W Enermax EG1000EWLDXX V2 Galaxy Modular PSU 85% Eff' EPS12v Triple Quad +24 Rails Silent x2 Fan
  • Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speaker System Dolby EX DTS ES Directsound Ready
  • Razer BARRACUDA HP-1 - 8 Channel Gaming Headset
  • Asus Xonar D2X Ultra Fidelity 7.1 PCI-E Sound Card
  • Thermaltake Armor LCS VE2000BWS Black Aluminum Case Window w/o PSU
  • 24" HyundaiIT W241D, Black Widscreen, 1920x1200, 3000:1, 500cd/m2, 6ms, HDMI/DVI/Component PVA Pane

Edited by nightsider

sorry silver i forgot to update that thread im currently living in a 1bed flat with my girlfriend and i am employed full time now

I'd wait for some council tax/electric/water/gas bills before you start spending matey!

yea i have them and they hurt but not as much as they could do, i might just upgrade the cpu and monetor in my current rig for now does that sound like a better plan of attack?

Short answer. Yes, if you have an E2180 and a 19" monitor, that would be my first port of call.

The 320MB of memory on your GTS is going to be hurting you on newer games as well.

So you could do a complete rebuild I suppose, but you could tone it down a lot from what was proposed in your first post and still be very happy. :)

My opinion is very firm when it comes to blowing a load of money on top of the line parts.

Yes, if you have money coming out of your ears and you are into the benchmarking game, then it's an option.

When it comes to actually using the system for gaming, the extra money really isn't worth it above something more modest.

Edited by jammin

Short answer. Yes, if you have an E2180 and a 19" monitor, that would be my first port of call.

The 320MB of memory on your GTS is going to be hurting you on newer games as well.

So you could do a complete rebuild I suppose, but you could tone it down a lot from what was proposed in your first post and still be very happy. :)

My opinion is very firm when it comes to blowing a load of money on top of the line parts.

Yes, if you have money coming out of your ears and you are into the benchmarking game, then it's an option.

When it comes to actually using the system for gaming, the extra money really isn't worth it above something more modest.

can you give me an idea of what would be a good upgrade and yes it realy is a e2180 and a 19"oem monitor the budget for the upgrade will be somting round the 400-1000 mark

can you give me an idea of what would be a good upgrade and yes it realy is a e2180 and a 19"oem monitor the budget for the upgrade will be somting round the 400-1000 mark

Looking at your sig briefly while I'm at work ... is that a 945 chipset? Will it support 45nm ... ? I'm going to hazard a 'no', but correct me if I'm wrong.

As Jammin says - you can blow money if it is disposable, but even a new mobo, processor, and GPU would save a small fortune!

C2D E8400