Creationists Pollute Young Minds At Museum

Fireonice

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there was still this thing called fredom of speech. hmm I don't know maybe not everyone is entitiled to their own opinions anymore. :wacko:

I'm not saying that they dont have freedom of speech. I'm just saying what there saying here is beond rediculous. They take kids to a museum to explan things in there own way that are ouviously true...

I'm not saying that they dont have freedom of speech. I'm just saying what there saying here is beond rediculous. They take kids to a museum to explan things in there own way that are ouviously true...

I wish I could watch the video to comment on that, but for some reason the video won't finish playing more than about 45 seconds worth and that is it. :(

I come from a very open-mided background, was educated in a public school starting in about 1985. For those of you who were in school at that time you know that it was about then that schools started pulling any creation-based science out of the ciriculum<SP? The lords prayer was banned from schools, and nobody mentioned God or Jesus without being reprimanded. I was too young to understand the big picture back then but looking back now I realize that the educaction system was depriving us of which "religion" we followed. Don'y get me wrong, I don't know everything and I still have a lot of respect for the outstanding scientists and philosiphers who "preach" evolution.

BUT, I couldn't believe what they were telling me about evolution from almost the beginnig. All throughout my high-school and college years I studied science, evolution theory, creation theory and physics. There was much more evidence to support the events outlined in the Hebrew bible than I ever found to support the evolution theory. Now, here's the kicker - It's a personal choice we make in what path we take in life, (except for schools, they tell us what top believe,) whether or not we believe in God, Jesus, evolution, creation and whatnot. However; if you keep an open mind and start really questioning what we are taught you will most likely find that the amount of evidence out there supporting the creation theory is astounding. Even if you take out the "God" from any kind of "beginning" theory, almost ALL evidence supports some kind of INTELLIGENT creation, (yeah I know some of you probably watched Star trek more than once and have looked up at the roof and said "Computer, end Hollogram" !-)

Anywas if you have time check it out before you call it brainwashing, these kids have a right to decide which leap of faith they to take, I made my decision on my own based on the information and evidence I could gather in regards to something I can never see or reproduce.

In the last few years many, (dozens?) of leading evolution theory scientists have recanted their stance on creation, some throw up their hands and say "I just don't know now," and some have become leading researchers for creation-theory based science firms. Again, they followed the evidence they found but each made a personal decision about where their faith lies.

^^^^ New keyboard I keep missing keys

Opinion Ahead...

It's really hard to say that these kids will have a choice when they're being taught that all other views besides that one are wrong. Some of the kids in that video can't be over 4 years old and that's going to stick with them for the rest of their lives. It's just like the alphabet. You're taught from the very beginning that it goes ABC and it's permanently engraved into your brain. Trying to recite it any other way feels wrong to do. Those kids are so heavily indoctrinated that breaking free of that line of belief is next to impossible.

I believe in the theory of evolution because there's a crap-ton more evidence(non-contradicting evidence, I should say) behind it. But should a divine being ever descend from the heavens, I'll ask it for proof of it's power and believe if it is convincing. Until then, the Earth is 4.5 billion years old, life evolved to adapt and the internet was not Gods creation.

Also, the video worked perfectly for me in FF. Must be something else going on there.

Yeah well... it is until you put your ridiculous opinions in the heads of our soon to be leaders... I believe in a higher power but I also believe in evolution.

We don't need our president having dreams and hearing voices about how to run the Government and such.

omg these people actually believe the earth is 6000 years old, Noah really built a ship big enough to carry two of the 50,000+ different animals on the planet....that the T-Rex was a vegetarian and that people used to live to be 800-900 years old.

And they are teaching this to kids as FACT in a science museum.

:blink: :blink: :blink: