Sign in to follow this  
UkJenT

Turning On A Caseless Pc.

Ok, well, I want to setup my spare intel Q6600 to fold, but I'm a bit confused how I would turn on my PC without a case seeing as the case provides the means (power button) to power the system. Hmm... I looked up some folding farm guides, but they don't tell you how to turn on the systems. I'm just wondering how I could do it. (I am not setting up a folding farm.)

Just jump a screw driver (or another skinny metal object) over the two pins that would normally connect the switch plug...

Edited by Andrewr05

Or rip out some power/reset buttons(same switch different name) and use that in place of the screw driver. Either way works just fine.

OR

Use a jumper to bridge the pins and pull it off quick...

Doesn't really matter just remember that its a momentary switch, if you hold the screwdriver or jumper there too long it will reset...

I just use a screw driver...

I like to use my Prince Albert to turn mine on.... oh wait, were we talking about our wives? No? Ok then yeah, my Prince Albert.

I like to use my Prince Albert to turn mine on.... oh wait, were we talking about our wives? No? Ok then yeah, my Prince Albert.

El oh el. :lol: