Gran Turismo

Andrewr05

In GT1, I found the Mitsubishi GTO Twin-turbo to be quite the formidable vehicle :) 4WD made it a breeze to drive.

The GTO (aka 3000GT) also got my vote for best car in GT1. I didn't have favorite in GT2, really. 3000GT was up there, but I really loved my tricked out Legacy wagon, and my RUF (Porsche) something or other.

The GTO (aka 3000GT) also got my vote for best car in GT1. I didn't have favorite in GT2, really. 3000GT was up there, but I really loved my tricked out Legacy wagon, and my RUF (Porsche) something or other.
Yellowbird ftw!

Suppose i could also mention Forza motorsport as it is also a pretty awsome game

Idk about that one, lots of people love them, I played a little here and there and the cars that I drove in game that I've also driven in the real world didnt even come CLOSE to reacting like their real world counterparts. Seriously the one car I can complain the most about is the Cobalt SS/SC. In the game it takes the thing forEVER to get up to speed, hell it mimics my Grandma's '04 auto trans Cavalier more than a SS/SC.

As for the GT games, idk that I could pick on that I really like. I've sadly never played them all long enough to really form an opinion vs each other. Though damage models would be nice to have. I've actually been playing a little Test Drive Unlimited on PC (supprisingly even playable with keyboard controls, I assumed I would grab my PS2 USB adapter within 5 mins of play) It feels rather realistic but just like GT the lack of damage models for your car REALLY ruins the feel. (at least it does have damage for the NPCs which drive generic vehicles) I just dont enjoy going out of control and hitting a tree/wall @90mph with my hood still looking fresh from the factory.

Humm all this thinking about it makes me want to go play some GT...any of them...

GT5 is supposed to be legendary. Realism, AI, and damage are rumored to be taken totally to the next level...shame being made by sony it will most likely never see a PC release. With the huge mod community that would be AMAZING...

Personally my fav race sims are GT3, and I also had a lot of fun with Sega GT for xbox(not many games can pull off drag racing like Sega GT did!). I used to love the online WWII era dogfight flight sims as well for the PC. Not many online experiences get you pumped up like flying with 20 or more teammates straight into a cloud of enemy fighters that are trying to down your bomber.

GT5 is supposed to be legendary. Realism, AI, and damage are rumored to be taken totally to the next level...shame being made by sony it will most likely never see a PC release. With the huge mod community that would be AMAZING...

Personally my fav race sims are GT3, and I also had a lot of fun with Sega GT for xbox(not many games can pull off drag racing like Sega GT did!). I used to love the online WWII era dogfight flight sims as well for the PC. Not many online experiences get you pumped up like flying with 20 or more teammates straight into a cloud of enemy fighters that are trying to down your bomber.

i only played gt3 and gt4 and i liked gt3 best out of the two. i used my friends logitech wheel and pedals that worked with the ps2 so it made it a tad more fun.

and i agree with the old wwII flight sims like fighter ace. i used to pay monthly to play that game lol. that was back in the days of the PII/256mb ram days. i was like 13