Sign in to follow this  
DECwakeboarder

8800gts 512mb + Dfi Infinity Nf4 Sli

Well I haven't been around for a while and my computer has been lagging behind lately. I'm currently looking to upgrade to either 2x1gb or 2x2gb of RAM, another HD or 2, as well as the Westinghouse 24" monitor (looks nice, and is on Newegg for about $360)

I was curious if the nVidia 8800GTS 512mb would be compatible with my current DFI Infinity NF4 SLi motherboard. The new GFX card says that it is for a PCI-E 16x 2.0 slot while my motherboard is a standard (I think) 1.0 PCI-E 16x slot. Also, if the card will be compatible, will I have any problems or be bottlenecked by the 1.0 PCI-E 16x slot?

8800GTS 512mb

old review of my DFI Infinity NF4 SLi

Westinghouse 24" LCD

Also, does anyone have any input on the monitor above? The thing I like about it is that it has standard A/V ports and has composite inputs....this is the only monitor (for a reasonable price) that I've found with all of these features. I saw the monitor in person and it looks pretty good. I'm going to be running my TV through my computer and into the monitor as well, so a 24" screen is much preferred. Any suggestions to a better monitor or alternative around the same price?

The card will work just fine in a 1.0 PCIe slot. There won't be any bottlenecking (except of course by your 939 cpu :)). PCIe 2.0 is fully backwards compatible and the current cards don't use any more bandwidth than 1.0 can handle.

The card will work just fine in a 1.0 PCIe slot. There won't be any bottlenecking (except of course by your 939 cpu :)). PCIe 2.0 is fully backwards compatible and the current cards don't use any more bandwidth than 1.0 can handle.

Easy now...I can't even remember when I built this computer, but it would have had to have been 3 or 4 years ago. Got my 4400+ a month or two after they hit the market :D

I think with 2 gigs of RAM (2x1gb), the 8800GTS 512mb, a couple nice harddrives, and a new 24" monitor, I won't be left with much to complain about :)

Easy now...I can't even remember when I built this computer, but it would have had to have been 3 or 4 years ago. Got my 4400+ a month or two after they hit the market :D

I think with 2 gigs of RAM (2x1gb), the 8800GTS 512mb, a couple nice harddrives, and a new 24" monitor, I won't be left with much to complain about :)

Don't worry, I know the feeling. I just replaced my SINGLE core 939 chip a few days ago :P

With a dual core 939 and a solid OC, it'll perform well, but honestly it's still going to be held back a bit on an A64 setup.