Sign in to follow this  
lost

Ti-89 Help

So I purchased a TI-89 Titanium a week or so ago, and I'm trying to get the hang of it. So far I love it. It can do a lot of things which makes checking my work so much easier!

But I have a question, is there a way I can see the numeric value? Like some answers will come out as sqrt(3) (sqrt being the symbol for square root). But I want to see something like 1.732051...etc. How can I do that?

Hit "MODE", go down to "Exact/Approx" and change it to "APPROXIMATE". You can also switch it to auto, and most of the time it will spit it out in a form you would like, ie. fraction when you would want a fraction, decimal when you would want a fraction.

just addin

if you only want like a single answer you can hit delta(green button) to force it to show the decimal one time, the auto will show the decimal in the case that your equation contained a decimal, otherwise it will attempt a nice printout.

I find the fraction function of the 89 very helpful when you are feeling quite lazy and you need to simplify a fraction ;)

if you only want like a single answer you can hit delta(green button) to force it to show the decimal one time, the auto will show the decimal in the case that your equation contained a decimal, otherwise it will attempt a nice printout.

:thumbsup::)