Coolit Freezone...anyone Have One?

itsernst

Yeah...under load is fantastic. I will crack 30C every once in a while...i am extremely happy with it.

I gotta get me one of those. 30C?? Thats great. I got stock intel cooler on qx9650 can't get past 3.750mhz cuase of heat issues...prime95 hitting low 70s at times. at 3.6 for now. Vendetta cooler did no better than intel stock cooler.

Samxt

If you run into heat problems you can get you a double 120 radiator and run the coolant though it after it comes out of the 72watt tec block . That way the tec is getting cooler coolent to start with

Edited by msmolt

If you run into heat problems you can get you a double 120 radiator and run the coolant though it after it comes out of the 72watt tec block . That way the tec is getting cooler coolent to start with

I had the Coolit Systems Eliminator for over a year.Had to RMA it once as it quit cooling.Got it back then it got stuck on high no matter what the switch was set on.This was cooling a c2d.

Now on my E8400 I used a Vendetta 2 w/ a bolt thru kit.The Eliminator is back in it's box lol I like the Vendetta 2 better

Im not to familiar with Prime95; Does it report temps? I just open Core Temp while it is running.

No prime does not report temps, get prime 95 25.6 and it will run all 4 cores at ones time. What I meant is I do not see any temps posted above?

No prime does not report temps, get prime 95 25.6 and it will run all 4 cores at ones time. What I meant is I do not see any temps posted above?

Good call on that...I just used Prime 25.6 running the torture test @ 3.0ghz and temps topped out at about 49 to 50C.

Much higher than before but i am still happy with it.

Thanks!

Hi, just came over from DIY. I have been running the Freezone since it first came out, still have the original Freezone unit....idle temps I can verify are in the teens, in the wintertime it actually can get to around 11*c @idle, load temps vary depending upon CPU, the Intels don't fair as well as the AMD slugs, simple matter of MAX heat produced. I normally can keep my full load temps in the high 30's*C, low 40's*C, obviously, in the summertime ambients can change the delta at full load.....

Is it better than a good water setup? Debateable, it is better than air?, a definate yes. Is it convienent? Yes, except for the attachment of the waterblock, for the love of Pete, someone could have come up with a better attachment system, it is really hard to get even load on both bolts...

Adding a reservoir to the unit will help with FULL LOAD temps, and adding a more powerfull fan will certainly help with overall cooling power, but will do little to nothing at idle, the controller boards trimmer for the Pelts see to that...

Overall, I give it a very good rating, certainly much easier than a full blown water setup.

Laterzzzzzzz.......