$10 Reward! Help Fix My Router.

czGLoRy

So I have belkin wireless N router, on my system in my specs. I hooked it up, it had connectivity for a few seconds, then t died.

I re-did the setup through the CD, and then I had connectivity. Then, all downloads stopped after about half way through. I did everything their tech support team (very very poor service) said to do.

They decided it was a faulty router. I returned the router, they sent a replacement. I hook it up as recommended, and run through the setup guide, and no internet at all now.

I cannot return it to best buy. Belkin is no help. Im about to throw it out, but ill try any suggestions to get it to work. Ill ship anyone who leads me to the solution $10 on paypal, epassporte or cash!

If you need any info, post here ill respond. Thanks!

It's Belkin. Go and get something decent. Problem solved.

:lol:

Belkin have always been bad news for me. Never had any luck with them as routers!

QFT. Keep the $10 and use it towards a linksys or similar.

I'll have to second/thidd/whatever the crapness that is Belkin, however if you want FREE help feel free to IM me using AIM/Xfire and I'll do my best (read, I'm bored atm), there's really too much delay to directly figure this sort of thing out in a forum setting.

Belkin sucks. Go D-Link

I did a firmware update and I have NPG Cable "cheetah cablevision". It was not on their list of providers.

I appreciate the aim offer, but I don't want to be that much of a bother :)

One thing you can just simply try for kicks and giggles is disabling DHCP and plugging the input from the modem into one of the 4 Lan jacks instead, just as a test to see if the router is working. It might just be that this router is incompatible with your current service. Has it ever worked with your current provider?

One thing you can just simply try for kicks and giggles is disabling DHCP and plugging the input from the modem into one of the 4 Lan jacks instead, just as a test to see if the router is working. It might just be that this router is incompatible with your current service. Has it ever worked with your current provider?

Uh I dont think that would work even if the router was working. The LAN ports are part of a switch, and you'd still need some type of NAT to convert the external IP to local IPs.

Uh I dont think that would work even if the router was working. The LAN ports are part of a switch, and you'd still need some type of NAT to convert the external IP to local IPs.

Unless his service is like mine and the modem does that for you, causing a plethora of router problems.