Help Save Xp!!!

DLS2008

I dern sure have to wait on vista or something. When the desktop appears I can double click like coretemp, cpuz, and 3DMark and I have to wait about a minute to minute and half for them to open and also for the wireless connection to get going. Maybe I should not have disabled the search indexing thing in vista on the drive C?

It's not that. I disabled all indexing except for "Start Menu".

Do you have the sidebar load? I'm wondering if the delay in your wireless connection is causing other stuff to "wait" until you get connected.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that. I disabled all indexing except for "Start Menu".

Do you have the sidebar load? I'm wondering if the delay in your wireless connection is causing other stuff to "wait" until you get connected.

I disabled or turned of that clock or hid it, and all the other stuff the bar thing on the desktop. Its not my connection, unless its vista loading it up and getting connected, nothing will work for a minute or so. I see the red x clear off the network connection about the same time coretemp will come on along with cpuz, 3dmark etc. That may be what it is? :unsure:

Of course Vista is faster than XP on today's hardware, XP is almost seven years old. It had better run faster. I can't believe that Crysis requires better hardware than COD2! :rolleyes:

hopefully this is sarcasm... :lol:

RR i have absolutely no lag with my Vista install on my raptor.

just for kicks try re enabling everything to default and see if the lag is still there.

did you to a complere full install from a fresh format?

did you to a complete full install from a fresh format?

The upgrade installs I've seen have been less than stellar, I don't even know why they offer the option any more.

hopefully this is sarcasm... :lol:

RR i have absolutely no lag with my Vista install on my raptor.

just for kicks try re enabling everything to default and see if the lag is still there.

did you to a complere full install from a fresh format?

Yes its an OEM copy of Vista 64 business. I wanted to be sure it did not take my XP keys and kill my xp copy so I pulled a raptor out of another rig that had linux on it...

I use Vista 64 Home Premium. Maybe Vista Business has extra services that take longer to load on startup? shrug

Possibility. I will find out as soon as I get a chance and the war gets started I will start disabling services and anything else that may bog it down.

Possibility. I will find out as soon as I get a chance and the war gets started I will start disabling services and anything else that may bog it down.

Nope. I use Business as well and I didn't disable anything at all.

I've been happier with xp after using vista for a while. I'll admit that I miss stuff like aero and the sidebar. But with a bit of work I could have those in xp. I'm getting better gaming performance for the hardware I'm running.

As far as correcting the issues with vista, need to remove the bloat (tweak) and get the service pack when it comes out.