Overclocking E8400 On Striker Extreme

troy5061

HT voltage helps with stability at high FSB speeds. The northbridge will take some volts but each combination is different. For 450x8 on my Q6600and 4GB of memory

I use

Vcore 1.465

Vtt 1.4

NB 1.6 Actively cooled

SB 1.6

HTT 1.7

DDR 2.06 5-5-5-12 TRFC of 54

These get me Prime stability with my Q6600 at 1800 /1000 unlinked. Temps on the nortbridge get way hot even with the stock NB voltage so just throw a fan over it and you will be fine. Actively cool all the heatsinks on the board as well.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HT voltage helps with stability at high FSB speeds. The northbridge will take some volts but each combination is different. For 450x8 on my Q6600and 4GB of memory

I use

Vcore 1.465

Vtt 1.4

NB 1.6 Actively cooled

SB 1.6

HTT 1.7

DDR 2.06 5-5-5-12 TRFC of 54

These get me Prime stability with my Q6600 at 1800 /1000 unlinked. Temps on the nortbridge get way hot even with the stock NB voltage so just throw a fan over it and you will be fine. Actively cool all the heatsinks on the board as well.

I think i may need more voltage on the NB and intern more cooling thats why I cant reach 4ghz everytime I put the NB over 1.5 the system destabilizes, should I have the fans blowing on the chipsets or away from them like a cpu cooler

Edited by troy5061

I think i may need more voltage on the NB and intern more cooling thats why I cant reach 4ghz everytime I put the NB over 1.5 the system destabilizes, should I have the fans blowing on the chipsets or away from them like a cpu cooler

I think you need more voltage in your ram. 2 volts on the ram only?

Put that stuff at 2.2 and try it again.

Your SB voltage is super high. Anything over 1.5 v SB is getting high, I see no need for that. NB voltages over 1.6 are high. But watch the system temp, and don't exceed 45 C on the board or it will have problems.

LAAkuma

I think you need more voltage in your ram. 2 volts on the ram only?

Put that stuff at 2.2 and try it again.

Your SB voltage is super high. Anything over 1.5 v SB is getting high, I see no need for that. NB voltages over 1.6 are high. But watch the system temp, and don't exceed 45 C on the board or it will have problems.

LAAkuma

Im running 1.45v NB

1.5v SB its the lowest it goes in bios.....at auto it sets it at 1.55v

I now have 4gigs of crucial ballistix tracers at 800mhz. Crucial says 2.2v but even at 2.1 at 800mhz I get blue screens when I back it off to 1.9-1.95 it runs great.

It seems more stable with the new ram. I can do 4ghz for a while at

fsb 1780 unlinked

ram 800...it doesnt seem to like to be linked

vcore 1.3625

ram 1.95

nb 1.45

sb 1.5

htt 1.35

vtt 1.4

but it will lock up half way through 3dmark06.

Edited by troy5061