Psp Slim Modifications

jack_of_java

I've googled and searched the internet for good tutorials on how to hack a PSP slim to play new games and old PS1 games (such as SOTN and FF7). However, the information (or over-information) of material on sites I have found make it seem a lot more difficult than it really should be to put custom firmware on a PSP. So, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has done this with a PSP slim and if so, how did they do it exactly?

what iv heard is that you need a old psp thats already hacked i own the slim version has well and to my luck i cant find any one that has a old hacked one here check this place out it might help PSP just go to the forums area also i dont think we can talk about hacking on this site if you need more help just pm me

I have both the old and new psp. Both can be hacked. But if you're past the 3.71 firmware, then it's pretty much impossible. If you are lower, you can use the PANDORA's BATTERY to set you firmware to the base firmware, which can hacked... Check out my other site:

pspgweber.com

for the purposes of legality, it will be assumed that you own the PS1 games and want to transfer images to the PSP Slim in order to play those games... and "new games" means freeware homebrew games...

remember that the discussion of the use of homebrew firmware for illegal purposes is not allowed on this site

I use homebrew firmware on my PSP Original ("Phat" / "Fat") in order to develop games middleware and demos for my Computer Games Technology course as we don't have PSP Dev machines...

Pandora's battery is the key for the Slim...

yes..the old games I own, I've played on my PS2, but would like to take them mobile. As far as the new games, I'm talking about legally purchased games such as "God of War," which I purchased with the psp. One of my concerns is that I'll put the custom firmware on and not be able to play anything new that comes out. BTW...i'm running v3.80 according to system information on the psp (I have yet to get online with it to update to 3.90).

You need a pandora battery and magic memory stick any savvy Phat custom firmware owner can make one, If you are worried about updates Dark-Alex pretty much creates custom firmware out of official releases within a few days I'm Running a Phat here with 3.90 M33-2 here with full custom XMB

This is the guide I followed to Flash my freind's Slim to CFW a couple of weeks ago

M33 Install