Sign in to follow this  
peshewah

Vista Home

My wife got some new computers for her class room and they have Vista Home OS. I want to know if Vista has Disk clean up and if so where do you find it? Seems to me that deleting temp files would be pretty common and necessary. Also, the kids and her as well don't care for Vista. I will have a lot more question to come on behalf of the kids, my wife, and myself. I'm still trying to figure it out. I would be very grateful for any help.

Well I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and it has disk cleanup....found it in the same place it was in XP Pro. Properties of the drive.

My guess is he's refering to a change in the start menu location, In XP the same thing can be found by going to Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\Disk Cleanup. Either that or it's some other app that we dont know about. :) (btw I don't have my crapsta running laptop here atm to look at so idk if they moved/renamed it)

Or, like with any program on Vista, just start typing the name of the program you're looking for into the start menu. Simply type "disk" and you'll see it right there.

To schedule Disk Cleanup in Vista:

1. Click Start and click Control Panel.

2. Click System and Maintenance and click Administrative Tools.

3. Double click Task Scheduler.

4. If prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

5. Click the Action menu, and then click Create Basic Task.

6. Type a name for the task and an optional description.

7. Click Next.

8. To select a schedule based on the calendar, click Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or One time.

9. Click Next.

10. Specify the schedule you want to use. Click Next.

11. Click Start a program and click Next.

12. Click Browse.

13. Type cleanmgr.exe in the File name box and click Open.

14. Click Next.

15. Click Finish.