Bose Suspension

airman

I've found this is a little bit old, but i haven't seen it posted on the forums. It's quite interesting...and as much as i dislike bose i think it'd be interesting to see active suspension in more and more cars in the future. pretty neat setup. I've seen pics/vids from pre '04 after digging, but no traces here.

if anyone can find a video talking about it in english or atleast has subtitles...as i don't speak french and it seems that all these vids are narrated in french.

discuss.

Edited by airman

holy cow....i thought the road sensing suspension and air ride in my cadillac was nice....now we have cars that can jump almost all the little creatures that run into the road at night. whats next?

I think this is grossly exaggerated, no car would go into production like that its not KITT... :P

Even the basic suspension videos look quite fake, I'm not saying they are but this technology would be implemented already if it worked that good...

It's really not that complicated either (aside from the computer control algorithms). It's just a ferrous fluid inside the shock with an electromagnet outside of the shock. :P

this technology would be implemented already if it worked that good...

Formula 1 cars have had electronically trigger suspension for ages, maybe over 10 years? Racing suspension at 230+ MPH is pretty awesome

Colin Chapman - the inventor and automotive engineer who founded Lotus Cars and the Lotus Formula One racing team - developed the original concept of computer management of hydraulic suspension in the 1980s, as a means to improve cornering in race cars. Lotus never developed a road going variant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_suspension

Formula 1 cars have had electronically trigger suspension for ages, maybe over 10 years? Racing suspension at 230+ MPH is pretty awesome
I didn't say this but I was referring to consumer vehicles, which was what the video was implying... :P

Triple rephrase: :P

If BOSE's technology was as incredible as the video exclaimed it to be then we would have it in our common every day vehicles by now, if it was deemed to be one of the best new technologies for cars since the videos production (late 80s ?) auto makers would have made it cost efficient by now...

YES I understand that similar things have been implemented, but I'm referring to just BOSE's technology...

Triple rephrase: :P

If BOSE's technology was as incredible as the video exclaimed it to be then we would have it in our common every day vehicles by now, if it was deemed to be one of the best new technologies for cars since the videos production (late 80s ?) auto makers would have made it cost efficient by now...

YES I understand that similar things have been implemented, but I'm referring to just BOSE's technology...

Been coming on corvettes for over 7 years :)

It is not on every vehicle since there has to be a market for it - if people do not think they need it, they will not be willing to pay more for it. Huge v8's arent in every vehicle either but they still give hands down better performance stock for stock then the common 4cyls :P